What are YOU? Tell us...

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.

Which do you consider yourself most and why?

A musician (guitar, piano, harmonica, drums, other instruments)
27%
A vocalist
No votes
A songwriter
33%
A home recording buff
No votes
A non-committal cheese ball who refuses to follow directions and answer poll questions and follow thread guidelines because I think I'm so freakin' great and want to say "all of the above". Kiss my butt world!
40%

Total votes: 15

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:50 pm

tonyoci wrote:Who would admit to being a recording buff, it's like admitting to being a Nazi. But I think the home recording odyssey people would fit there.
Nazis? They sound so friendly on their show. You never can tell. :?
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:58 pm

Sometimes I'm all of them and sometimes I'm none :)

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:22 pm

dickl wrote:Sometimes I'm all of them and sometimes I'm none
I think that sounds like a non-committal cheese ball response if I ever heard one Dick! :lol: It's a given that we do all those things, but how do you really see yourself is what I was wondering.

After thinking about what Tony said, I should have written " a non-committal nazi" and I guarantee nobody would have chosen that one. Okay, bad joke...

I'm curious to gauge how the forum appeals to different people and I didn't want to just assume that Dick is a songwriter, Daren is a musician, and Steve is a cheese ball. Also, I'm wondering how being active up here has impacted that answer over time, or how it might if asked again in the future.
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

daren_woodall
dues paid
dues paid

Post by daren_woodall » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:59 pm

tonyoci wrote:Come on Daren, the idea here is to pick the one you are not say all of them. All of use are all of them to some degree.
Yeah, I read the options and coped out.

I guess the thing with me is, I put as much energy into musicianship as I do songwriting as I do home recording. I'm not saying I'm equally skilled at all these. I also don't feel distiquished at any either.

Daren
Last edited by daren_woodall on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
PC/MBox 2 Mini/Pro Tools LE/Amplitube 2
ZOOM MRS-1608CD (discontinued as of 12/20/2006)
ZOOM MRS-8 (just purchased 5/19/2007)
http://www.darenwoodall.com
http://www.myspace.com/darenwoodall

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:19 pm

Since I can only pick one. I voted songwriter, but I'm also a home recording buff and vocalist.

This thread DOES pose an interesting question, though. You list vocalist and musician separately.

Isn't a vocalist a musician???? :o

John B. :D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:47 pm

Even though i voted "musician" i still reserve the right to say "kiss my butt world"!! :lol:
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:03 am

Lee wrote:
dickl wrote:Sometimes I'm all of them and sometimes I'm none
I think that sounds like a non-committal cheese ball response if I ever heard one Dick! :lol: It's a given that we do all those things, but how do you really see yourself is what I was wondering.

After thinking about what Tony said, I should have written " a non-committal nazi" and I guarantee nobody would have chosen that one. Okay, bad joke...

I'm curious to gauge how the forum appeals to different people and I didn't want to just assume that Dick is a songwriter, Daren is a musician, and Steve is a cheese ball. Also, I'm wondering how being active up here has impacted that answer over time, or how it might if asked again in the future.
All right Lee, I've voted non-commital (although I'm not convinced about the "kiss my butt" bit ;) )

Although I've written plenty of songs I'm mainly involved in collabs at the moment where all I'm doing is arranging and playing. All the opera songs songs for instance were effectively written in terms of melody and lyrics and I'm just imposing a structure and putting the instruments on.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here