Love on the Wrong Side of Town, cover, mic test

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Love on the Wrong Side of Town, cover, mic test

Post by Omegaman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Picked up a Shure 55S SeriesII for the look. ;) did a test record with it. Sounds pretty good on teh vocals, but the sax is a bit harsh even though I was back from it. It also seems very sensitive to plosives. Got it for live work, so maybe not an issue. Recorded in Adobe Audition. Aforementioned mic into an Aphex 107 pre amp, M-Audio 2496.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13546543

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: Love on the Wrong Side of Town, cover, mic test

Post by voclizr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:47 am

Hey, Billy! :D
Gave it a spin. I really enjoy what you did with the tune and your vocal is still nice and crisp and clean. Mic is making everything sound nice and clean. My only nit is the sax is a bit off key (sounds sharp to my ears), but apart from that, the performance is great.

:^: :D
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:04 pm

I've never heard this song before so it's all new to me. Nice song. Snappy. Nice vocal performance. Sax sounds good to me. It may start off a bit harsh but it fall into line soon enough.

Good to hear you recording again.
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Lungfruit » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Cool looking mic! I don't if it's the mic or not but the song has a nice warm, mellow tone. No sharp edges. I don't know the song but it sounds good. The mix seems right.
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:37 pm

Thanks guys... the sax is off, because I haven't played this tune in many years. LOL. I just did a wucik recording to see how the mic sounded. I like it, but it is not as well shielded for plosives as a ball headed mic like the SM58, Shure suggests putting it at the corner of the mouth and singing across it. I will give that a try. For what I am planning the mic will be a little reinforcement for the sax and mostly vocals.

I have to have another go at this one as I put together a demo CD

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:22 pm

The Jersey Boy strikes again! This is so Jersey Shore. Sounds really good on the vocs. Agreeing w/vocalizr on the outa tune sax. Good choice of notes on the phrasing though. Strong RECing. New gear is always fun. What's da backup on this? Sounds a bit karaoke. Did you double track the voc harmonies? They sound really good.
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:10 pm

Backing is from an old bandmate, he's singing harmony.