The Sun Still Shines org/Big Baby Taylor/PSRE403/SP1/Cl1/MC5

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
The Cracks
The Force
The Force

The Sun Still Shines org/Big Baby Taylor/PSRE403/SP1/Cl1/MC5

Post by The Cracks » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:20 pm

This is a song that I wrote and recorded on my Big Baby Taylor guitar about a year ago. I had the guitar track and a rough draft of the chorus vocals recorded but I put it aside as I just didn't feel like writing any lyrics. I had a few hours alone today so I decided to work on one of my unfinished songs and this was the one I picked. I wrote the lyrics and recorded the vocals and all pieces other than guitar today. This is my attempt at the big finish ending then softer fade out.

I used for this song:

Big Baby Taylor guitar
PSRE403 keyboard (piano, strings, organ)
SP1 mic
Cl1 interface
Mixcraft 5

I double tracked the vocals (actually sang them twice). I added reverb to many of the tracks.

Edit: I went in and uploaded a remixed track which took out the Eq (I just lowered the volume wherever the track went to hot red zone). I felt the Eq took away from the instruments that I sprinkled in the tune. I raised the level on some of them to get them in the mix better.

Here is The Sun Still Shines.

Thanks for any listens and comments.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: The Sun Still Shines org/Big Baby Taylor/PSRE403/SP1/Cl1/MC5

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Sean,
It’s a nice song. I like the mix and you can pull off putting your voice higher in the mix because you hit every note perfectly. The occasional piano notes are nice touch at the right moments. The doubling of your voice is effective. Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:09 pm

I like this, Sean. Very pretty. Especially enjoyed the string sounds.

:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio (RIP), Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Thank you for listen and comments Glenn and John. I appreciate it. I did have fun singing the chorus on this one.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:18 pm

A touch of Nick Cave I think delivering a positive message in a rather downbeat style.

Nice instrumentation and cleverly put together.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jim_Fogle » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:00 pm

You write interesting songs. I normally don't pay attention to lyrics very much but I've found I listen to yours. I hit the like button on this and Glad I Saw You tonight. The piano notes every now and then increased interest. I liked the double tracked vocals, great job with that. I think you have a little too much reverb on the vocals though.
0 x
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2017 Band-in-a-Box, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Thank you very much for listen and comments Dick and Jim. Reverb excess noted Jim.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website