Mr. Magic

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Mr. Magic

Post by Omegaman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Always loved this tune, not sure I do it justice. Backing track from jazzbacks dot com... not sure why, but there is static in it at the beginning. It could be that I am not using the orirignal file. ;) anyway me on Tenor https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13678070

recorded in Reaper, trying to get used to that program as I ween myself off Adobe products.
1 x

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Re: Mr. Magic

Post by surfercook » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Sure sounds alot better than my version(s)! That is one funky rhythm and you're nailing it, Bill. Good job in REAPER too. :type:

This is the third ver I did. I never studied it w/the RECing. Prob woulda helped. I can't find the take(s) you did w/my jam track. But I do have a solo sax track you sent me in my Dropbox. I'll have to mix it now that the new pc is up.
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13675952
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:07 am

Thanks Marc,

Gotta cut back on the playing for a bit, new adopted cat, and it's a scaredy cat, need to let her settle in a bit before I start with the "blastophone again" I think I still have those other tracks if you need them.
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Very warm sound, Bill. Especially love the low notes.

:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 am

Thanks John.
0 x

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:06 pm

Bill,

I enjoyed listening to Mr. Magic. I don't listen to a lot of jazz so I'm not familiar with the song.

Very nice mixing job.

By-the-way, I clicked on the "check out the new webshow QuickTips with Bill Mecca" link and it returned a "can not establish a database connection". When I clicked on the New Jersey Pine Barrens link it returned a "Sorry this site is currently not available" message.
0 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:27 pm

yes my hosting is all messed up. Godaddy automatically updates wordpress and I think it whacked something my video production site and side street news still work. I haven;t have time to get in there and see what is wrong with the database... thinking of starting over anyway. LOL
0 x

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 am

Hi Bill. It's nice to hear some of that omega sax again! Sounds very good. The sax can be heard very clearly, but is somehow a bit in the background. Too much reverb?
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:15 am

storpotaten wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 am
Hi Bill. It's nice to hear some of that omega sax again! Sounds very good. The sax can be heard very clearly, but is somehow a bit in the background. Too much reverb?
Could be, just noticed sax seems to be in left channel... I'll record it again soon. ;) Good to hear from you. I pop in here on occasion to let the old folks know I am still alive.
0 x

ps02
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by ps02 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:09 am

Sax sounds well played. Clear recording.

Not familiar with the original version but I'm digging the vibe.
0 x

nicka
Yoda
Yoda

Post by nicka » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:50 am

Sounds sweet Bill, just as i remember your tracks sounding :rock: , yes i am still alive, its been a while, :^:
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:58 am

nicka wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:50 am
Sounds sweet Bill, just as i remember your tracks sounding :rock: , yes i am still alive, its been a while, :^:
Great to hear from you Nick! hope all is well. I check in from time to time.
0 x

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Nice cover of the Grover Washington, Jr/Esther Phillips classic. You put your soul in this one and I in my humble opinion, did a good job on recording.
0 x
Roy-Al