I Thought I Knew You, PS04, original, Rock

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

I Thought I Knew You, PS04, original, Rock

Post by Beatnick » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:51 am

This is from the "And He'll Play His Rock and Roll (All Night Long)" release. I still think of singles as having a B-side so this is the B-side to that song. From here out when I record a song I will probably put it on Bandcamp with one of my older tracks for the B-side. I kind of wish I had thought to do it that way earlier before releasing my "Perfect World" album, but I still have a lot of older material that never got released.

This song is another instrumental. It was actually supposed to be on my "A Memory Ago" album, but something got off set in the mix. It is hard to describe. When I put it in Audacity the entire waveform was off center and it made it sound odd, though I did like the song, it just was not right and I ended up removing it from the album at the last minute and putting "Roto" in it's place.

The original recording was all done on the PS04 except the final mix which I did with Audacity. The drums were programmed on the PS04 and I believe there's 3 guitar tracks, 1 bass track and the keyboard track. I think the guitar solo with the wah was done on a virtual track. I did that a lot because I don't like bouncing, then I would put all the tracks on my PC for the final mix. I went ahead and played with this song a little more recently by putting it back in Audacity and using some of the effects to fix the issues I had. It really is amazing what you can do with PC programs nowadays.

Anyway, here's the song, I hope you enjoy it.

Listen to I Thought I Knew You
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: I Thought I Knew You, PS04, original, Rock

Post by Lungfruit » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:03 pm

A nice mellow piece. The guitar textures on the breaks really add interest. Mixed well although I can't hear the bass line in my headphones.
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 am

An interesting tune. Lots of nice changes.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Beatnick » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 am

Thanks. The bass I can hear with headphones on, but not without them unless they are good speakers. I do think the bass was overbearing originally. When I remastered it with Audacity I used EQ to pull the bass back a bit, but I think I pulled it back too much. I think I also used some compression to even everything out, but I think that made it even worse.
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

mcdaggett
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by mcdaggett » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:48 am

Perfect driving song for slooowly and very carefully making your way home after a long night at the pub. Not that I would ever do that, but there's a slightly detuned feeling that goes well with the song :-)
1 x