Super Sounds-Poll Question.

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks

Do you think this song sounds better with or without a fade out?

Fade
40%
Don't fade
60%

Total votes: 5

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Super Sounds-Poll Question.

Post by voclizr » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:32 pm

Hi again!
I asked Guy to send me just the bass track for this song, which was posted before. I used it to re-enforce the bass part already on the track and give it more volume. I added compression (Baxxpander) and chorusing to the bass track. Comments welcome on whether or not I made it stronger, but I also tried not fading out and just letting the song abruptly stop, as Guy sent to me. I can't make up my mind which way I like it better, fadeout or not so I'm putting it up for a poll question. You've already heard the fade out version. Here's the abrupt ending version. What do you think?
Either way I think we got a KICK-A** track here!!
Thanks in advance.

http://www.voclizr.com/Supersounds2192.mp3

:wink: John B.
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

petedeuxwheels
The Force
The Force
Location: Denmark: a Scots turnip living next to a bunch of Swedes

Re: Super Sounds-Poll Question.

Post by petedeuxwheels » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:25 am

I went for fade :wink: By the way, there's a little more hiss at the start than I remember first time round; was that a result of your tweaking or my old brain ceasing up? Chorus on the bass? Not sure a bout that. I thought the first version was pretty good you know

Yep, this is a fun song and tops musically too.

Pete
0 x

bebop
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by bebop » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:01 am

This is a fantastic song. The vocal harmonies are outstanding and the song construction is so well done. I'm gobsmacked.

I went for not fading because the song is so dramatic i reckon it needed to end with more of a bang than a fizz.
0 x
Dave

http://members.soundclick.com/FAIR+FAITH

"HIGHLY POSITIVE-FLOW IN DESIGN." said TONTO

"A TOTALLY ARTIFICIAL PRODUCTION AESTHETIC" said ZEPPELIN

chf
Yoda
Yoda

Post by chf » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:31 pm

Definitely fade.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:40 am

I like fade best too. I didn't vote though, as the song belongs to you two.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:41 am

Please! Make it stop ASAP!!!
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

guitar fan
Yoda
Yoda

Post by guitar fan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:59 am

Lee wrote:Please! Make it stop ASAP!!!
ASAP?
For $25000 :

1/American Syringomyelia Alliance Project
2/Aircraft sales and parts
3/Association of strategic alliance professionals
4/As soon....

Of course you can ask the audience..... :D
0 x
Guy

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:44 am

guitar fan wrote:
Lee wrote:Please! Make it stop ASAP!!!
ASAP?
For $25000 :

1/American Syringomyelia Alliance Project
2/Aircraft sales and parts
3/Association of strategic alliance professionals
4/As soon....

Of course you can ask the audience..... :D
.....and then he has three other "Life Lines"!

:wink: JB
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:17 pm

Well, if you want my answer to your poll then you would have to post the last say, 16 bars, of each ending for me to judge........

BTW, this is the new song thread.....IMHO this should have been posted over in the Open Mic part....... :P

Damn you, Capt. Smorgish....... :lol:
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:16 pm

Sungodv wrote:Well, if you want my answer to your poll then you would have to post the last say, 16 bars, of each ending for me to judge........

BTW, this is the new song thread.....IMHO this should have been posted over in the Open Mic part....... :P

Damn you, Capt. Smorgish....... :lol:
Steve. Are you smoking mistletoe, or something? :P :roll:

and just where is the "Open Mic" section?

Capt. Smorgish (I guess)!
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:23 pm

You would think......
Just bein' the a-hole I am, I am.... :roll:
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.