The Wheel..............Original\MRS8 and reaper\ Collab!!!

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
maceman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: The Wheel..............Original\MRS8 and reaper\ Collab!!!

Post by maceman » Mon May 04, 2009 11:52 am

T2 and Dick,

Thanx peeps. Kevin, I was wondering where you've been these days? Nice to hear from you.

Dick, thanx for the comments as always!

Maceman
0 x

Tracey Leu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Tracey Leu » Mon May 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi Matt,

Wow, I have alot of catching up to do...haven't dropped in for a while! :shock:

This is brilliant Mace...All parts, including Nige & James, have enhanced the coggs of what I would call a masterpiece!
(I apologise again for not finding the time to add my own part to this, which is my loss! :oops: )

The mix is excellent...as usual! 8)
Luv Trace. x :D
0 x
Trace.The.Bass

keyshardy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by keyshardy » Mon May 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Hey Mace, just like to say thanks for the opportunity to work with you on this!..Cool song buddy!..Hope yer back is on the mend also!

Keys :^:
0 x

maceman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by maceman » Thu May 14, 2009 5:18 pm

hey trace and nige,

thanx for the listen and comments... sorry, i missed coming back to this one to say thanx!
Hope all is well!

Maceman
0 x

guitar fan
Yoda
Yoda

Post by guitar fan » Sat May 16, 2009 7:22 am

Fantastic song and great collab!!!

You know how to use a MRS8....brilliant.
0 x
Guy

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Tue May 19, 2009 9:40 am

Matty;
Sorry I almost missed this one. Truth is I thought I DID review it, but looking back, I didn't!! :shock:

All in all, I like the tune. Nice arrangement, lyrics and playing by both you and Nigel. I also like the vocal harmonies (from Mr. RYCE, I assume, or is it Mr. BRYSON? Lotta Jims here). Very sweet.
Small nit, and this is gonna sound strange coming from me, is that I find the chorus is repeated a bit too much. Perhaps a variation on the words or on a melody note or two there would add a bit more variety, but I'm hearing a "sameness" there that kinda gets tiring. Just my opinion FWIW. ;) But all in all, it's a great tune.

v. :D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

ferret
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by ferret » Sun May 24, 2009 6:28 am

Nice song. Very atmospheric. I like the melodic interplay between the instruments. (Sounds good that. I have no idea what it means :) ) The vocal sometimes sits a bit far back in the mix for me. The synthetic drums work fine, but lack bass to my hearing (but then again I am listening on speakers because I have driven myself half deaf again).
Great collab, guys.
0 x
I am not mad. Just differently sane.

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:56 am

Well, well, well! May I say that you "Maced" that one. That was very a cool sounding song. The harmonies were excellent and perfectly panned in my headphones. I loved that quality. Kudos on the collaboration. Wonderfully recorded. Very well done!!!! BTW, whats that instrument that seems to rain down in the beginning. I still listening to this one.
0 x
Roy-Al

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:00 pm

I gotta ask, are you pushing this one for radio play? Yup, I'm still listening. This is has to be a winner.
0 x
Roy-Al

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Mace, I'm still listening this time with my Bose speakers and it sounds even better. Had me singing top harmony. Another listener in the room got off on that and wanted me to send you a copy. But I'm not messin with this perfect tune.
0 x
Roy-Al

Other Tony
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Other Tony » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Great song....pro quality without doubt

Top marks
0 x
Please be 100% honest when reviewing my songs and don't worry about offending me!

My Songs on Youtube