Superstar Shangri-La : Orig Garageband

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
keyshardy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Superstar Shangri-La : Orig Garageband

Post by keyshardy » Sun May 31, 2009 2:40 pm

First class Dick..It started like some kinda Super Mario game!..Went into ya cockney cheecky Vocals (ace). Was that guitar or Mandolin at the end..whatever, twas bloody brilliant!! :D

Keys.
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:38 am

Sorry for the late replies. I've been away.

Z - more luck than judgement I think :)

Kev & Kelsey - many thanks, I'm pleased you enjoyed it and hear all the little bits. Django is fine and just as mad as when he was a puppy :D

John - I'm always missing songs! Thanks, I've still got about 5 songs left but at the moment I'm struggling with creativity again. Nice to know what I've done is appreciated though ;)

Nick - thanks, it was a bit of luck with the 12 but as it works I'\ll have to use it again!

Nige - Cheeky cockney indeed :) It's a Yamaha acoustic 12 string but played high up the neck.

Thanks again guys

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:28 am

Wow! My advice, take that intro attach it to the front of the outro and you've got yourself two whole songs. Wow! You guys went crazy on this one. How many cooks were there anyway. This one has it all. Kinda reminded me of the Beatles, Yellow Sub, some Beach Boys, some Greek music and some guitar work that must have had you reaching for the linament. Brilliant vocals by your partner especially that part where it builds and and builds. That guitar work was outstanding and again, ouch. Like running the 90 yard dash but on a guitar. The recording and mixing are stellar. Wish I could understand the art and the science behind it so that I could achieve just a bit of it myself. Anyway, brilliant concoction all around.!!!
0 x
Roy-Al

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:30 am

Either it's that catchy or it's very similar to something else, but I could sing the chorus in my head, looking at the thread title, weeks after hearing it!

Bastard.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.