"Season Of Tears"-Original Sonar X3

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
voclizr
The Force
The Force

"Season Of Tears"-Original Sonar X3

Post by voclizr » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:39 am

Hi all! Hope you all had a great Christmas. I got the Trilian Bass Module by Spectrasonics as one of my presents and it's featured on this track, as is NI Session Strings, EZ Keys and EZ Drummer. I hope my asthma doesn't show too much here but I think it's getting worse.

Season Of Tears

Try to enjoy.

:D

EDIT-The lyrics are hypothetical. It's not about anybody I know personally, but could relate to many people I know of.
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: "Season Of Tears"-Original Sonar X3

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:32 pm

It's a well constructed track John. Those programs all fit together nice. You have really mastered those. It's mixed well and your lyrics are thoughtful. Overall it's a keeper.
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

nanrye
dues paid
dues paid

Post by nanrye » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:53 am

First off, thanks for your checking out "Severed". I appreciate your comments on it.

Now, for this song...It has a very nostalgic feel. Whatever you did or use to produce this, they work very well. I specially like the piano sound.
I can also relate to writing songs that are not necessarily from personal experience. For me, it's all about telling a story and hopefully translate that into lyrics to fit a song.

Anyway, great job, Mr. B!
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:04 am

Your songs seem to be getting slicker and more professional sounding all the time.

Really good song John. Intelligent lyrics and an understated and very careful arrangement. Nice touches on the melody. It never goes quite where I expect and that's to be applauded.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:34 pm

Lungfruit, nanrye and Dick-Thanks so much!

0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:49 pm

John,

Nice bit of songwriting, recording and mixing. What struck me most about this song is the bass runs throughout. The song sounds pretty laid back with a slightly sixties feel to it but the bass adds just a little push throughout. Very delightful listening.

Also had a listen to "Rubber Duck Shuffle". Cute. Put a big smile on my face. Really like the vocal effects.
0 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB SSD

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Nice. Reminds me of a Sir Paul Macca tune in many ways - the piano, the strings, and even The Wings era synth. Good one, V.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Jim & Sean-Thanks!

@Jim F- Rubber Duck Shuffle is a Reason project I had a lot of fun with. I have three little step-grand daughters and they told me they would come up with a dance step for it. :lol:
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:40 pm

You paint beautifully with your music. Ah but you know that. The lyrics are quite nice too though personally, it feels as though in places the words are a tad bit the wrong way round. That's just my thought and I'm no expert. Kudos!
0 x
Roy-Al

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:37 pm

I will say one thing, you always get the vocal level right on your tracks. This sounds a bit MIDI to me in spots. Maybe some real guitar would have made this more real sounding to me. Dunno. I bet you could have figured out the keyboard lead and double tracked it with an electric gtr.
It's a real good chord prog and I like the string stabs loads. And as always; an original sounding melody.
Good tune.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks for your observations, Roy and Steve(SG).

Yes, I consider the vocal the most important part of the song and I always try to make sure it can be heard and understood.

0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

jimistone

Post by jimistone » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:55 pm

nice tones man! great bottom end and good performance on the bass. Great lyrics and arrangement too. I dig the song.
0 x

Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Wolfini » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:48 am

You are becoming a master in combining those different instrument plugs into something new and memorable.

Good lyrics, which paint a bleak picture. Glad to hear it's fictional. ;-)

I did not really "get" the melody, since I could not recognize any repeating themes that would have worked as a hook of some kind. As DickL wrote, the melody always moves into unexpected directions, but in my taste a little more predictability helps the listener to relax into a song. But that is a question of taste I guess.

Bye Wolfi
0 x

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:19 am

Listened to this song again. Still wonderful. I think you're one of the best song writers out there. This particular song is worthy of a off-Broadway musical.
0 x
Roy-Al

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks, Jimi, Wolfi & Roy!

0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:15 am

Very lovely piece John. Everything contributes - nicely done!
0 x

M.T.Pilot
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by M.T.Pilot » Mon May 23, 2016 3:18 pm

Nice piano playing, that's you, isn't it?
0 x