Surf Rock-Holy Ground/Orig & Cover/REAPER

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
surfercook
The Force
The Force

Surf Rock-Holy Ground/Orig & Cover/REAPER

Post by surfercook » Thu May 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Ok, I REC'd a coupla quick jams to get some groove . Had been a while. These two took about 4 hrs total.
"Surf Rock Loop" is my "Endless Summer" kinda theme.
"On Holy Ground" is a fingerpicking study using a cut capo w/some improvised leads over it. I also improvised a few chords w/the capo. Interesting tuning- Open Esus
To make life easy I combined both tunes into one file.

Hope everyone is well!
surfercook :D

Surf Rock Loop - On Holy Ground
Last edited by surfercook on Fri May 20, 2016 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Re: Surf Rock-Holy Ground/Orig & Cover/REAPER

Post by greenA2 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:54 am

Very good guitar sounds and playing and clever orchestration in the surf piece, though the tuning/intonation is a bit suspect sometimes. The acoustic piece I'd prefer with the fingerstyle in the foreground but that's just me being more into fingerstyle, pretty melody!
1 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat May 21, 2016 8:22 am

Which hand did you injure, your fretting hand or your picking hand? If it was your fretting hand, it's extraordinary that it still sounds as good as it does. If it's your picking hand I can see how you can work around it. Either way, I'm glad to see you can still play and make it sound great.

:^:
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio (RIP), Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat May 21, 2016 9:12 am

I liked the electric guitar on the first one (and the acoustic guitar rhythm) and very nice playing on second one. I wish you would have blended the two a little for a smooth transition. Nice work.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun May 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Hey Marc,
I like both pieces. In my head phones I can hardly hear what's behind the lead git on the first track. I dig the tone though. The picking on the second is outstanding! I don't know that tuning or what cut capo is, but I like it. Glenn
1 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

M.T.Pilot
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by M.T.Pilot » Mon May 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Very clear guitar sound, I like it. (Quite a bit too loud in the mix, though, that lead guitar). Nice jam.
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue May 24, 2016 11:38 am

As others have already said, good guitar sound.

Lovely acoustic picking and strumming (not as easy it might sound) :)
Last edited by dickl on Tue May 24, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Tue May 24, 2016 12:13 pm

Thanx Greenie, vocie, Lungfruit, Cracks, M.T., and dickl for checking out my little REC's. I def put more time into practicing them than the actual RECs.
voclizr wrote:Which hand did you injure?
My ring finger on my left (fretting) hand. Quite frustrating and sometimes the swelling and pain are quite bad. It's been over seven months now and I don't see it being healed any time soon. Some one told me it was two yrs b4 their dislocated finger was proper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by surfercook on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue May 24, 2016 1:39 pm

I broke my index finger on my left hand 30 years ago. It's still crooked and I can't play a barre properly even now :( it stopped being painful after a couple of months but the strength never really returned. It doesn't stop me playing but it's irritating not being able to make a solid barre on the acoustic.
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jim_Fogle » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:47 pm

Marc,

Great sound on the electric and acoustic guitars. Nice jam!
0 x
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2018 Band-in-a-Box, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums

Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Wolfini » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:02 am

Great guitar playing and sounds as always. On the first track I found the rhyhtimc playing in the background quite distracting, because it was mostly scratch noises that were not fully in time I guess.

I think I prefer the second one. Very atmospheric and moody, great combination of the warm strumming and the clean lead tones.

Bye Wolfi
0 x