Back To Doom - original - FLStudio

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
M.T.Pilot
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Back To Doom - original - FLStudio

Post by M.T.Pilot » Mon May 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi Folks,

I made this song for fun. (Old time) gamers will be able to relate. To put the song in perspective: a new version of an old game called Doom was released the other day. I made a song about my experiences with the game.

(Beware, it could happen to you, too!)

'Back To Doom'-music video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXdr5Ou1eaY

Enjoy!
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: Back To Doom - original - FLStudio

Post by voclizr » Mon May 23, 2016 3:48 pm

I got a kick out of this! Fun piece. I love the "Uh-oh" the vocal synth seems to say.

:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

AlexeiY
been here a while
been here a while

Post by AlexeiY » Mon May 23, 2016 6:10 pm

This was really entertaining - great video and great music. Everything is synced together - kudos!

Alex
0 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Tue May 24, 2016 5:03 am

Wow! That is rreeeaaallllllly cool! I liked the parts where you stop to speak. Is that you with the sunglasses and machine gun? How did you create the video? Are those your clips or did you get them from YouTube?
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

M.T.Pilot
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by M.T.Pilot » Tue May 24, 2016 8:22 am

Thanks for the replies and comments! :)

@Lungfruit - Yes, that's me. I created the video by mostly making use of doom-videos I found on youtube under the Creative Commons-banner, so to speak. And then I recorded some shots which I "mingled" with some doom-play, by making use of masks (with feathery edges). In the song I make use of Doom2-sound-samples of monsters, shooting, impacts, and some sounds that the doom-guy makes when you play it and you get hit or die or something. (I actually contacted one of the creators of the original Doom-game to ask about using these samples, some time ago).

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue May 24, 2016 11:49 am

Great work MT :) Really well put together.

Loved the video and song and you did a great job on the music.

I never was gamer (apart from the first version of Lemmings on a 286 ;) ) but this still hits the sweet spot.

Mucho kudos amigo.
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Tue May 24, 2016 4:19 pm

dickl wrote:
I never was gamer (apart from the first version of Lemmings on a 286
:mrgreen: I LOVED Lemmings. I used play all the time in college.
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

RiffRaff
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by RiffRaff » Wed May 25, 2016 8:41 am

Good fun and great recording :)
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat May 28, 2016 9:42 am

That's one hell of a production, both musically and visually. A+ work.

The only game I ever played was Sim City and my town always turned into a ghetto. :shock:
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Sat May 28, 2016 11:29 am

Great overall production!! Love it
0 x

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:41 am

Make more about Wolf 3D, Quake or Duke Nukem!

Seriously now your lyrics are great fun and the instrumental very good but the vocals seem to clash with something in the instrumental and so are not very intelligible without the subtitles. But great work even so.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Very professional sounding and looking video. I don't play video games but can still relate. Excellent!
0 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB SSD

Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Wolfini » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:56 am

This is hilarious! I played a lot of Doom! Actually I was meeting for years with two friends to play Doom deathmatches. We even created our own levels with an editor for playing. But I was disappointed by Doom 3, did not even play it through. Somehow it did not capture the spirit in my view, and got a little boring with repetitive levels. So that is why I can watch the Doom 4 release relaxed - especially since I don't have a system that would run it. Maybe I will get a PS4 in a few years, for now I have enough still to play on the PS3.

Great line of "shoot and save" in your lyrics. F5 for the win! Oh and the cheat codes, DKKD, and what else...? Did you mention them?

I think this video could and should go viral!

Bye Wolfi
0 x

M.T.Pilot
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by M.T.Pilot » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Thanks a lot for all the nice replies! :)

@greenA2 - I added some distortion on the vocals and it is probably also due to me not articulating enough ;) (I did play Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Quake and Duke Nukem, but it never impressed me as much as Doom 2, which was the first FPS I played).

@wolfi - Doom (2) was great when it came out. I never played Doom 3 either. Doom 4 looks very good and I think lots of old-time players will probably enjoy it. I did not mention the cheat codes in the song, but/because I also did used them much. I would like this video to go viral, too! Help me out by sending the link to as many people as you know who might enjoy it, too (at least to you two, old Doom-friends! ;) )

Thanks again, folks!
0 x