Melody - org/PSRE403, MX5, SP1, Cl1

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Melody - org/PSRE403, MX5, SP1, Cl1

Post by The Cracks » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:41 pm

This wasn't supposed to be my next song upload but it's the only one I could throw together today. It was like the old Zoom days. I took a musical track that I had and wrote and recorded the vocals on a Saturday morning. It was rather fun.

This is a very simple song. One piano, one violin, and one vocal track. Unfortunately it will my last song for a while, and perhaps ever due, to unforeseen circumstances. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer this past week. I'll find out what I'm up against this coming week. That report will determine when I record again. I feel fine now but it's a pretty big tumor and although bladder cancer is very survivable, it comes with lots of complications.

In any event, don't judge this song on my diagnosis.

As I said, it's very simple. I kept all the breaths and chair squeaks in as I think it adds to the atmosphere.

I used my PSRE403 for the piano and violin tracks into the Mixcraft 5, via the Cl1 interface. I sang the vocals into the SP1 mic, into Mixcraft 5, via the Cl1 interface. The vocals were one take. Everything mixed in Mixcraft 5 (mixing, in this case, means just added reverb to each track).

Thanks for any listens and comments. I'll keep you informed on my medical issue. Thanks.

Here is:

Melody
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: Melody - org/PSRE403, MX5, SP1, Cl1

Post by voclizr » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Oh my, Sean! So sorry to hear of your diagnosis :( . I think if I ever find myself in that position the music would be over for me, unless the prognosis was VERY good. I hope and pray that that is the case for you. May you beat this and continue to be able to live your life to the fullest.

The song is beautiful. I can hear the blues in your voice. May your music bring you through the trying times ahead.

:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:53 am

Very simple but excellent lyrics and very well sung and played. I like your vocal sound in this song. Even if you stop writing songs, keep playing, it is amazing how it can take everything else off your mind. I wish you good luck with your health issues, and hope to see a post from you in the not so distant future saying that you are healthy again!
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Thank you for listen and comments, V and greenA2.

I'll keep forum members updated on my medical issue. I appreciate your concern and support. I'm hoping for the best but understand I could hear the worst. We'll see.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Sean,
I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I hope that all turns out well for you with that. I also find that using the creative part of my mind puts my mind at ease and helps me through lifes up and downs.

Your voice on this one is very Roger Water's ala "The Final Cut". I really like the humming part. It adds to the heartfelt nature of the lyrics. Normally I would say the vocals are a little high in the mix, but in this case it works. I really like the abrupt ending. Sends shivers down my spine.

Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:03 pm

Cracks, your Melody swaddled me in a kind of beautiful melancholy. It brought a tear to my eye. Your voice was like a father singing a lullaby, Thanks for that.

As for your current health concerns, you have my very best wishes and my prayers for a speedy recovery. I too have been in the trenches and I hope you have someone to hold your hand, to rub your back or just to caress your brow until the worst of it passes. We all look forward to hearing you again here at Zoom.
0 x
Roy-Al

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:59 am

Thanks for listen and comments, Lungfruit and Roy-Al. I appreciate it.

Thanks for well wishes too. I had a very large tumor removed on Tuesday and I'll find out what the tests show hopefully this coming Monday.
1 x
My albums

My songs

My website

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:48 am

The Cracks wrote: I had a very large tumor removed on Tuesday and I'll find out what the tests show hopefully this coming Monday.
Have a swift recovery, hope to hear more songs from you soon.
Last edited by greenA2 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:33 am

I'm really sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Life's shit sometimes.

I hope this isn't but it has a valedictory air about it. A resigned tone and simple lyrics that convey so much. A powerful piece Sean.

All the best my friend.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:38 am

Thanks for listen and comments Dick. I appreciate it. Yes, the lyrics and vocals were written and recorded a day or so after I learned I had cancer, so I'm sure that was laying heavy on my mind and heart.

I got the results of my biopsy. I have Stage 1, high grade (T1HG) bladder cancer. While not the best results, not the worst either. They got all of the tumors (2) out and I may have to have a dose of chemo directly into the bladder in a few weeks. Other than that I have to just wait to see if it returns. I'll be tested every three months for a while then, if it doesn't come back, once a year. This type of cancer has a high rate of recurrence and often it comes back worse than before. But I'm not going to worry about that now.

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I appreciate it.
1 x
My albums

My songs

My website

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:24 am

Thanks for the update Sean. As you say it's not good news but I'm pleased to hear your matter of fact approach.

PM me if you want to talk anytime.

Take care.

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:16 am

Last edited by Sungodv on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks Sun. I'll watch them.

Maryland is setting up our medical marijuana system now so if I need this down the road I can get it.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Not to turn this song thread into a medical opinion one, but I watched the first link that SGV put up and I believe everything that guy said about the cancer/chemo thing. I did quite a bit of research on the subject after my first wife died of it. I don't mean this to sound the wrong way, but I'm almost glad she passed as soon as she did so she wouldn't have to endure that. I think most of the time chemo makes the suffering MUCH worse! :evil:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks V.

I hesitated putting my medical info on this song thread as I didn't want it coloring any opinions of the song, but I have virtually known many of you for years now and I felt like I should let you know what's happening with me just in case I all the sudden stop posting. I'm not there yet though. I could have put the medical portion of this post on the open mic section but I figured few read that these days and the diagnoses had something to do with the creation of the song, so I figured it was all relative.
1 x
My albums

My songs

My website