Indian Restaurant Song ~ original indie ~ R24

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Indian Restaurant Song ~ original indie ~ R24

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:38 am

So I was having dinner with DW in an Indian Restaurant and I was watching a table of Indian guys enjoying dinner and they were eating things that were clearly not on the menu & I thought it would be cool to have an Indian friend to show me that.

And voila!

https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the ... urant-song

As the Grateful Dead sing: "Once in a while you get shown the light In the strangest of places if you look at it right."

Production notes:
Guitar - Fender Telecaster -> Digitech RP255 -> Zoom R24
Bass - Fender Precision Bass -> R24
Vocals - Shure SM58 -> Digitech vocal 300 -> R24
Percussion - Alesis DM10 -> R24

Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Indian Restaurant Song ~ original indie ~ R24

Post by The Cracks » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:21 pm

I love the atmosphere you create on your recordings, this one included. This one has a real garage band feel to it. Good tongue-in-cheek lyrics. You've got good Neil Youngish vocal style.

A light-hearted fare. Good one.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:11 pm

I like the sound of the song, nice percussion in this one, I think I like your electric sound more than your acoustic sound. Can you beef up your vocal sound somehow? Maybe sing closer to the mic to get some more proximity effect?

I have less time for the lyrics of this one, you particularly lost me at the virgin girlfriend point. Wouldn't you rather get a girlfriend that can take you through the whole Kama Sutra?
1 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:02 pm

This is pretty neat. I love your use of the bells and different "indian" instruments. Suggest, as somebody else did, bringing up your vocal track level. Also, a sitar sound would be a nice addition. ;)

:^:
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio (RIP), Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:06 pm

voclizr wrote:Also, a sitar sound would be a nice addition. ;) :^:
Thanks for listening John. I do have an EHX Ravish Sitar pedal that I did use on this but DW "the producer" thought it made the track sound over
done so I excluded them from this mix. Perhaps I'll include it as bonus material when the box set comes out. :mrgreen:

greenA2 & Cracks ~ thanks for listening.
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:37 pm

What is it with me and SoundCloud?

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't :(
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:18 am

Lungfruit: Sorry, I got the name wrong. That was very cool. I'm crazy about that instrumental, the chord changes and with its distinct Indian flavor. The lyrics were amusing too (that thing on her forehead). I hope no one gets offended. I strained a bit to hear your vocals but all in all, that was great.
1 x
Roy-Al