New original - One More Minute

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
BobF
dues paid
dues paid

New original - One More Minute

Post by BobF » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:57 pm

It's been called One More Minute and One More Time ...

Me & Aly again.

Aly = lyrics, vocals, rhythm guitar, first solo
Me = music, bass, keys, second solo, mix
EZD = drums

https://app.box.com/s/h3s07w53w7sata2gqzgyeox4si67pyq4
0 x

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Re: New original - One More Minute

Post by Roy-Al » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Outstanding! Great song with just the right bluesy touch. You guys are probably too young to know the term "torch singer" but those were some pretty powerful vocals. Drove the song right in there. Instrumentals were very cool with an old school feel to it. Good performance all around.
0 x
Roy-Al

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Nice blues tune. I really like Aly's voice. The solos were so smooth and fit the tone of the song. Sounds mixed right. The bass pops, but in a good way. Good Job BoB! Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:49 pm

I really liked your solo and I like the song overall....if it wasn't a blues progression, but something you came up with, it would be even better,
...yet it's a start and it's breakin' my heart I got no car (little Macca lingo).
Liked it!
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:45 am

Really nice sound, singing, songwriting. I like the moody dark vibe. Only criticism: I find the hard panned keys a bit annoying, maybe move them a bit towards the centre.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:20 am

Roy-Al wrote:Outstanding! Great song with just the right bluesy touch. You guys are probably too young to know the term "torch singer" but those were some pretty powerful vocals. Drove the song right in there. Instrumentals were very cool with an old school feel to it. Good performance all around.
Thanks Roy. I appreciate you listening and commenting. Aly is a natural for sure.

But, we're not all that young. Smoky bar, torch singer is exactly what we were going for so I'm very pleased to read that.
0 x

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:21 am

Lungfruit wrote:Nice blues tune. I really like Aly's voice. The solos were so smooth and fit the tone of the song. Sounds mixed right. The bass pops, but in a good way. Good Job BoB! Glenn
Thanks Glenn - much appreciated
0 x

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:22 am

Sungodv wrote:I really liked your solo and I like the song overall....if it wasn't a blues progression, but something you came up with, it would be even better,
...yet it's a start and it's breakin' my heart I got no car (little Macca lingo).
Liked it!
0 x

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:27 am

greenA2 wrote:Really nice sound, singing, songwriting. I like the moody dark vibe. Only criticism: I find the hard panned keys a bit annoying, maybe move them a bit towards the centre.
Thanks!

I struggled a bit with the panning on the keys. Aly's guitar and vocals are fighting a lot in this one, so in addition to side-chain and EQ, I panned the guitar off. The keys were panned to help balance the overall mix. I agree they went too far - great observation and confirmation.

I let it go as is because we'll be revisiting this one later. This was my first attempt at doing keys in a tune, so I want to get a better part down for the tune. I will ask Aly for a sparser rhythm track too, possibly restricted to the top strings.

Thanks again.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:30 am

This is absolutely a first class, top notch production. I am really impressed.

The first thing that grabbed me was Aly's vocals. If she's not a pro, she should be. Luscious!

The second thing that grabbed me was the cool instrumentation. It swirled. Reminded me of the type of music Dylan uses on his newer recordings, which are great!

The third thing that grabbed me were the outstanding guitar solos. Real blues. If that was Aly playing the first one, reread my pro comment above. A woman who can sing like that and play guitar like that is a big time star just waiting to be discovered. Your playing was great too.

Very cool, subtle keys playing.

The lyrics were good. I'm taking it that this is an original? If not, no matter. But if so, that's a cherry on top.

Great work!
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Yes, Cracks, it's original. Thank you very much for the "flowers"
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Nice blues piece. Great instrumental work and arrangement and the young lady has a superb voice.

:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

d.atryner
been here a while
been here a while

Post by d.atryner » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:36 am

Great sound and vocals, I really like the mix.
0 x

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:04 am

Thanks John and d - I appreciate the comments
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:43 am

Always like a bit of blues.

Well done folks. Nice singing and restrained backing.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Wolfini » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Wow, you have got a really great sound here. I just love that guitar tone in the solo. The vocals are top notch, too, of course. The organ like sound on the left gives a nice and for blues unusal (?) touch. (on closer listen - that seems to be a guitar, too, right?)

Bye Wolfi
0 x

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks Wolfi! Aly is an awesome partner
0 x