Yes You Are Extended Remix-Original Sonar X3

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
voclizr
The Force
The Force

Yes You Are Extended Remix-Original Sonar X3

Post by voclizr » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:32 pm

Some people think I'm crazy for keeping every element of a song and mix including all MIDIs and audio files. But I do and I'm glad because had I deleted everything after I got the mix I wanted when I originally did this song 6 years ago, this project would not have been possible. I originally did this in September 2010 and I dug the old files out (including the great wah-wah guitar track done by our own Surfercook)and reprocessed them in Sonar (it was originally created in Samplitude Music Studio). I created a Latin style percussion addition to the calypso drum beat that was always a part of it and expanded the solos and horn work. It took a lot of time and effort to chop all of those files up to create the remix, but I love it. Also, it's better sound wise because of a better DAW and better processing plugins.

Anyway-Here's the original song (but still reprocessed in Sonar)
and here's the extended mix, which is about 2 minutes longer.

Special thanks to Marc Halikas.

Hope ya dig it.

:D
Last edited by voclizr on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Re: Yes You Are Extended Remix-Original Sonar X3

Post by BobF » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:24 pm

I like em both, but I like the new one better. Nicely done, John
0 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Nice work on the extended mix. The sound is pefect and well-balanced. It's a nice tune with some creative timing changes. It sounds great in my headphones.
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

d.atryner
been here a while
been here a while

Post by d.atryner » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:33 am

Great recording and well arranged.
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:26 pm

Bob, Lung & David-Thanks so much for listening.

0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:46 pm

It sounds good, V. I like the riff. I don't really remember the original (I didn't listen to it now) but this new version shows a lot of work went into it. You have very elaborate recordings. My hat is off to you.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:27 pm

The Cracks wrote:It sounds good, V. I like the riff. I don't really remember the original (I didn't listen to it now) but this new version shows a lot of work went into it. You have very elaborate recordings. My hat is off to you.
Thanks so much, Sean.

0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:08 am

Been a while since I visited the board and when I saw this I didn't even remember it. Until I opened it up! That was a cool collab and it's amazing you keep all those files for remix! I ditched all my REAPER and Samplitude files quite a while ago to free up hard drive space. This remix is sooo cool w/the extended percussion.
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:43 pm

surfercook wrote:Been a while since I visited the board and when I saw this I didn't even remember it. Until I opened it up! That was a cool collab and it's amazing you keep all those files for remix! I ditched all my REAPER and Samplitude files quite a while ago to free up hard drive space. This remix is sooo cool w/the extended percussion.
Thanks. Yeah, it was a fun song. Glad I was able to expand it. I do keep everything, but I'm almost out of space on my Seagate Passport. Guess I'll have to spring for a new one when it gets full. ;)
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp