Stick With You - org/PSRE403/MC5/Cl1/SP1

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Stick With You - org/PSRE403/MC5/Cl1/SP1

Post by The Cracks » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:10 pm

This was actually recorded before my last one and has been sitting around for a few months. It is another "practice" session that I did on my PSRE403 keyboard and it turned into this song. I took the best parts and spliced them together to form the music part then sang over top of them. It's sort of home-made loops that I'm using. I wanted to do more with the song structure. I had planned on including a part after the chorus where I sang "I'm going to stick, I'm going to stick, I'm going to stick with you," etc., etc., but I never got around to it. Now I won't have much time as I have to go back in for another minor procedure in a few weeks (hopefully nothing too serious) and I have too much other stuff to do before then.

All instruments were recorded using my PSRE403 into Mixcraft 5 via the Cl1 interface. All vocals recorded into Mixcraft 5 via SP1 mic. Everything mixed in Mixcraft 5.

It's not the best song but it's not too bad. Hopefully it has a hurdy-gurdy carnival feel to it...I hope.

Thanks for any listens and comments.

Here is Stick With You.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Stick With You - org/PSRE403/MC5/Cl1/SP1

Post by Lungfruit » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:32 am

I like the drum sounds you chose, very unique. I like the melody, it's going to stick in my brain today! I think the timing might be off in some spots, like right when you start singing. Almost like there is just a moment of hesitation.

Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:52 am

Thanks for listen and comments, Lungfruit. I appreciate it.

The drums are right off my keyboard. I just press one key (I forget what note) and I get a drum roll. Press another and I get a snare drum hit, etc., etc.

The hesitation at beginning is probably because I didn't have a count in and I tried to match the beginning of the music track to when I would start singing. I missed it by just a hair it seems.

I imagined a much bigger sounding piano track but that's all I could get with time running down.

I'm so glad the song is catchy to you. The song I wanted to turn this into would have been even more catchy I think. But, again, my time ran down. I would have had to rerecord all the trombone and organ parts and I just don't have the spare time to do that. Maybe some other fine day.

Thanks again!
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:06 am

FYI - here is the chorus I was imagining. I just did a rough draft on the piano now:

Stick With You chorus wannabe
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:13 am

Nice. I like the simplicity of the melody. Even if I didn't already know it, I could tell you are a Stones fan by the way you sing this. Definitely a Jagger influence.

:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:08 pm

I'm looking forward to the alternate version!
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:35 am

That's pretty cool. I dig the arrangement. I would like to here a version with a little less space around the vocal.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Thanks for listen and comments V. Simple is best, at least for me.

Lungfruit - thanks for listen and comments. Don't hold your breath on alternative version. ;)

BobF - thanks for listen and comments. Yes, there is too much space around the vocals. I noticed that too. The piano was a bit too tinny and distant but I put some EQ on it. Maybe some EQ on the vocals? Maybe next time? :?
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website