"So Crazy" Original Sonar X3

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
voclizr
The Force
The Force

"So Crazy" Original Sonar X3

Post by voclizr » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:41 am

A new Smooth Jazz ballad.
So Crazy

Done with the EZ Keys & EZ Drummer loops but both edited to suit my liking. The bass was done in acoustic style with the Trilian Bass module, but I had a hell of a time balancing it out between too loud and not loud enough. I tried every compressor I have but they don't work for me, so I gave up. :evil:

Enjoy! :D
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: "So Crazy" Original Sonar X3

Post by The Cracks » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:48 am

Smooth and jazzy feel. Nice vocals and lyrics.

I don't know how personal this one is but it's very "real". It captures the beginning of the end of a relationship very well.
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:16 am

The Cracks wrote:
I don't know how personal this one is but it's very "real". It captures the beginning of the end of a relationship very well.
Thanks Sean. Not real about my current marriage, but could easily apply to a few of my past relationships.

:D
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Lungfruit
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:11 pm

You definitely have developed an easily recognizable song style. Nice recording. I like the bass, it really pops on this one. There is just the right amount of crash cymbals. The vocal track fits in well in the mix.

Glenn
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:31 am

Very nice, John. The bass is just right to my taste. I agree with cymbals being right on too.

Overall very well put together ... I really like the transitions

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:18 am

Lungfruit & Bob, thanks so much! :D
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:26 pm

Nice song, great sound and as always with you interesting chord progression!
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:33 am

Well written and performed.

You have a way with these smooth, jazzy songs.

The writing has a very professional sheen about it and singing in a slightly lower register really suits your voice.

Cheers

Dick
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:15 pm

I do like the song. Nice song writing, chords/melody. The only thing that still sticks out, besides me liking you to play the piano/instruments, is that the drums sound so EZD on so many songs as mine did when I was recording. Have you thought of tweaking the mixer in EZD? At least changing the snare sound / mix a bit more would really help.
I like your songs, I just want them to sound so differently from each other instrumentally is all. The ones that stick out in my mind did have unique sounds / effects. Still waiting for some more guitar / gtr. centered songs
But as always, if yer happy, that's all that matters I guess.
Listened to the two newer ones too.
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:15 pm

Green, Dick & SGV-
Thanks for listening and your comments. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Haven't been feeling very well since late August. Something going on in my tummy the docs haven't been able to ID yet, but they've done a bunch of tests and tell me it's nothing life threatening. Trying different meds now. Hopefully....... We'll see.

Anyway-I'm not a pianist, at least not a very good one. I could never play anywhere near as good on this track myself so that's why EZ Keys. I don't just pick a preset and run with it. I go through each chord/measure and painstakingly shop for as many different variations as I can find that sound good, so I look at it as having a great pianist here with me to play what I want him to play. Sometimes I mix my own patterns in with the presets. That's possible too. As for the EZ Drummer: I just put EZ Drummer 2 on my system and I'm getting caught up on some of the great features on that too. Yeah, tweaking the mixer would be a good idea. Guess I'm just a bit lazy sometimes. As far as the guitar, I'd like to get that back into my act too, but my health is such that I get physically tired out quickly just holding the guitar lately. Guess I need to join a gym or something. Was getting a nasty humm on the electric, but I reinstalled my UX2 and found that I can easily swap that back and forth with the Focusrite when/if I want to cut a elec guitar part with no humm on the UX2. I'm 61. I'll be 62 next July. Don't know how much more of this music making thing I can get in. This getting old is a bitch (for ALL of us). Trying to hang in there best I can. Thanks again.
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:51 pm

You know I always listen to SC, not your link (Bandcamp?) on your songs. Still like SC and it sounds fine to me regardless of bit depth or...whatever.
I would have like more orchestra in the verses, btw. ...or more instruments layered in there. Make it sound fuller.
Sorry for all the small nits all the time...but they aren't meant to be mean.
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:55 pm

Sungodv wrote:You know I always listen to SC, not your link (Bandcamp?) on your songs. Still like SC and it sounds fine to me regardless of bit depth or...whatever.
I would have like more orchestra in the verses, btw. ...or more instruments layered in there. Make it sound fuller.
Sorry for all the small nits all the time...but they aren't meant to be mean.

S'ok. Thanks! :D
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp