(So) I've Been Told ~ original folk/indie ~ R24

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

(So) I've Been Told ~ original folk/indie ~ R24

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:39 am

Boy, it just gets quieter and quieter around here...But I'm still here, cranking out the hits from my basement Jam Lab. :D

https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the ... -been-told

Production notes:
guitar: Fender Stratocaster -> Digitech RP255 -> R24
bass: Fender Jazz -> R24
Drums: Digitech RP255 & Yamaha DD-65 -> R24
Harp: Hohner Bluesband -> Sennheiser e822S -> Digitech Vocal 300 -> R24
vox: Sennheiser e822S -> Digitech Vocal 300 -> R24

P.S. I have other new songs on my SoundCloud page if you are interested. I always appreciate your likes and comments.
Last edited by Lungfruit on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: (So) I've Been Told ~ original folk/indie ~ R24

Post by The Cracks » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:52 pm

I love the jaunty melody and beat of this. Absolutely great! The instrumentation is really cool too. They lyrics are good and so is the vocal delivery. It's has a real garage band quality to it that you don't want to lose. It's half the charm of it.

Great work.

Don't worry about how often you may post. These are the desert years of 2090.org.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:01 am

Another good one! The groove has a really cool retro vibe and I too like the indie-style production
1 x

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:00 am

I like the message of the song, the music sounds to me a bit like Iggy Pop, say 'the passenger'. Well done. It sounds on the threshold of clipping though, are you really hitting the red with your levels?
1 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:37 am

I thought 60s when I heard it.

It has that raw energy about it that you're very good at. As Sean said, don't lose it.

Loved the lyrics :-)

Cheers

Dick
1 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 am

Been a while for me here to "Hear" some ZOOM! This ones cool. Unassuming straight ahead rock that once again reminds me of your Neil Young style. Especially liked the guitar solo. :guitar: Nice little outro but I thought it coulda been a bit longer.
1 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi. I won't comment on the lyrics as they are religious based, but I like the music and the production. I was thinking the same in that your voice reminds me also of Neil Young.

:^:
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:02 am

voclizr wrote:Hi. I won't comment on the lyrics as they are religious based
:^:
Thanks for listening John. The lyrics are NOT religious based, but I do like that there was enough ambiguity in them that you got another interpretation. The song seems to me to be about the messages my parents gave me as a child and how I had to let them go because they were theirs and not mine.

I don't intentionally set out to write a certain song, mostly my process is to jam and let what lyrics come...come. Maybe it's how art therapy works, reflecting my subconscious. I don't know.
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Wolfini » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Nice! Good lyrics and you have a bouncy rhythm that made me instinctively tap my foot and bob my hand. The bass line and chord progression reminded me of "if I had a hammer", but the melody was totally different.

Bye Wolfi
0 x