From Christmas Eve to New Year's day / Original / R8+Reaper

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

From Christmas Eve to New Year's day / Original / R8+Reaper

Post by Wolfini » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi everyone!

It has been a while... but my last song from August is still on the front page, so I guess no harm done. I have not been recording a lot, because since September I have been taking singing lessons and I wanted to wait until I got some results. Now at last I seem to see a light at the end of tunnel, though the tunnel still is long for sure. Anyway, I wrote and recorded some kind of classic pop/kitsch Christmas song. Here goes:

From Christmas Eve to New Year's day

You can see the lyrics after the link.

This will also be part of my happy folk / acoustic project. I have two more songs ready to record, and then I guess I will want to rerecord the vocals on some of the earlier numbers before publishing the album.

Production notes:
Yamaha A3M direct and miced, Yamaha fretless bass through Vox Stomplab B1
Drums from EZDrummer 2.
midi bells and strings
Recorded on Zoom R8, mixed in Reaper.

Bye Wolfi
0 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: From Christmas Eve to New Year's day / Original / R8+Reaper

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:22 am

Good job Wolfie. Your vocal performance is right on. I like the addition of the bells. I always like a Christmas song. Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:05 pm

wow Wolfi, very nice singing.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Well, Inspector Clouseau has left the building! I've always wondered why you didn't have somebody else sing your songs, but now you really don't need to.
It has to be the way your accent sounds to us who speak the language you sing in I suppose.
Anyway, great job on the enunciation. Song was good too.
Nice playing.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:40 pm

A very nice song, Wolfi. :^: It does capture what this season should be about.
:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Good song, Wolfi...

My PC crapped out and erased my last post. Let's see if I can cover it all again... :?

A nice uplifting galloping song. Good instrumentation. It sounds like your singing lessons are paying off. Your voice sounds fuller. I like the second vocals too. What a great concept for a Christmas song! The title line especially is super!

Good work, Wolfi.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
Last edited by The Cracks on Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Nice clear RECing. It's all coming in sweet through my standard iPod ear buds. lol, sounds like I'm in a shopping mall! An instrumental break woulda been nice but a good song build just the same, Wolf.
btw- if I could just skip Xmas and New Years I'd be happy. Tgiving is a must though! :)
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:43 pm

I'm disappointed :( I was expecting some sly alternative message but no. It's a straight Christmas pop song as you said ;)

Nicely done Wolfini. Very pleasant and the vocals are sounding good.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here