Sweet As You-Original Sonar X3

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
voclizr
The Force
The Force

Sweet As You-Original Sonar X3

Post by voclizr » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Since this board's been so "sleepy" lately, I might as well give you another one.

Not using the typical grand piano sound here. I'm not even using the EZ Keys browser presets here (OK, I did use 1 little pattern in the chorus). Hand played mostly. I have the Retro Electrics EZ Keys, which is models of the classic Hohner Pianet (much like the old Fender Rhodes electric piano) and the Hohner Clavinet Duo (think Steve Wonder's "Superstitious") and a smidge of my Hammond B3 organ (Native Instruments) , so this is a "electromechanical" project. In addition, sax sounds and my Vocalsynth doing a cute thing at the fade out. It was fun to do.

Enjoy Sweet As You
The Soundclick, if you prefer.
BTW-It was a coincidence, but I finished this on Valentine's Day. :shock:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Sweet As You-Original Sonar X3

Post by The Cracks » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:37 pm

It's like Soul Train. Neat. I really like the chorus "...sweet as you" part. Well done. Good keyboard playing. Vocal treatment on the end is like Soul Train too.

I can't tell the real playing from the programs. That means that either you play as good as the program or the program sounds pretty good. Either way it all works.

Good one, V.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Sweet jam. I liked the synth solo and the vocal effects. Nice funky beat too. Clean recording, JB.
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:24 am

Love the tone on the snare in the beginning. As usual John, you are meticulous in your recording. Everything sounds perfect. Your mix is good. Your vocals are some of your best. I too like the synth solo and the "robot " effect on your voice around 3:25. The whole thing is cool. Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Sean, Marc & Glenn-Thanks!! :D :D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:30 am

Great sounds John!
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Omegaman wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:30 am
Great sounds John!
Thanks, Billy! :D
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 am

Another very well crafted song John :)

I liked the lyrics and it has that 80s pop jazz vibe about it.

Nice production and playing as well.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:50 am

Electromechanical keyboards are some of my favourite sounds, especially hammond, but also the other funkier ones :P. Well done, I agree on the 80s pop vibe.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Thanks Dick & green. Yeah, I like the old classics instruments too. I was tired of using the same old grand piano sound, but I had to wait until the right groove presented itself.
:D
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:39 am

Liked the little bass flourishes, very fretted instrument of you. Fun stuff with the vocorder effect too.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:25 am

Sungodv wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:39 am
Liked the little bass flourishes, very fretted instrument of you. Fun stuff with the vocorder effect too.
Thanks. I've been wondering what you've been thinking of my recent bass work since I've been working with the Trilian Bass module. I know a real bassist like you doesn't need it, but it helps me as I don't have the energy to even play guitar anymore.

:D
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp