Sunshine Eclipse ~ John Denver/Pink Floyd mash up ~ R24

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Lungfruit
dues paid
dues paid

Sunshine Eclipse ~ John Denver/Pink Floyd mash up ~ R24

Post by Lungfruit » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:27 am

I enjoy making these mash up covers. My apologies to the estate of John Denver and the fine blokes in Pink Floyd! :guitar:

https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the ... yd-mash-up

production notes:

Recorded direct to the Zoom R24

acoustic guitar: Taylor 110ce -> Samson CO2
electric guitars: Fender Stratocaster -> Digitech RP255
vocals: Sennheiser e822S -> Digitech Vocal 300
bass: Fender Jazz
drum loop: Digitech PR255
drums (ride,crash, solos): Alesis DM10
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Re: Sunshine Eclipse ~ John Denver/Pink Floyd mash up ~ R24

Post by greenA2 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:44 am

Cool, I like your electric sound! Good work with the drum loop plus DM10, that's a very interesting approach, and it works. I'm getting a very sudden 'darkening' of the sound around 2:56, probably more because of the guitar sound change than the drums. I love Pink Floyd but will forgive you the mash up. As for John Denver, I'm sure 'Country roads' is making enough money for the estate still.
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:09 pm

I always say if you're gonna cover a song by somebody else make it your own in some way or another. You've done that here. I'm definitely familiar with the John Denver classic, but I never was much into Pink Floyd, so I can't really judge how you did with that part of it. You varied a bit from JD's melody, but sometimes people tend to do that on cover songs. Looking at it as a tune on its own, I'd say you did a pretty fair job. I especially like the guitar solos.

:^:
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Interesting combination of songs. It works! It sounds like it would be fun to play on the ukulele. You have a very unique vocal delivery and way of playing guitar that shines through even on this mash up. I like those drums at the end (not to mention the synth).

Good one.
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:41 am

Surprisingly I don't know either of the songs although I suspect the slide probably comes from the Floyd song. This sounds really good and it's an interesting idea.

Cheers

Dick
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Interesting take on "Sunshine on my shoulders" and Pink Floyd's "Eclipse". I love the instrumental bit in the middle. Odd little drop out around 03:00. Sounds like one of the instruments got thrown out of the studio! :lol: Nice distortion patch for the end solo.Those drums sound like you banged em out urself there towards the end. Cool jam, Lung. Psychedelic fruit! :music:
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube