Beach Party/Orig/FX100/REAPER

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
surfercook
The Force
The Force

Beach Party/Orig/FX100/REAPER

Post by surfercook » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:43 pm

Had a go at RECing some surf rock and in typical ZOOM forum tradition I reviewed a few of the other songs first before posting.
Interesting new piece of gear I scored. A Line6 FX100. It's a digital effects pedal board that can connect to a variety of sound sources. I ran it D/Into pc and REAPER recognized it instantly. It can act as an interface for RECing. The rhythm gtr in "Beach party" is a factory patch right off the unit unedited. The lead is through the fx100 too.I added ALOT of tremelo to the lead. Too bad the bass sounded like crap through it, I had to switch up to the UX2 for the bass and run it into GtrRig5. Drums are EZ/Rock library. Threw this together in about 5 hrs. Just started playing that rhythm patch and it sounded so good I wanted to rec it.
(hint- start the tune then come back to the post for the dancing!)

Beach Party :wiggle: :pac: :banana:
Last edited by surfercook on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

Lungfruit
dues paid
dues paid

Re: Beach Party/Orig/FX100/REAPER

Post by Lungfruit » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:46 pm

That's great little song Marc. It's interesting and fun. Well mixed although on headphones I can't really make out the bass. Love the tremolo on the lead.
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:38 pm

I like it. Fun beat & groove. Make me want to get on up and dance, but my old bones just aren't up to that. Was going to ask if it was original, but saw that it was on the description. Glad to see you're back up to (almost) your old regular posting frequency. I was missing you a bit there.

:^:
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:05 pm

;) good one Marc

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Very cool surf instrumental, well done.
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:11 pm

:stick:

Very snappy! It's #1 on Soundclick too! It's just like the old days!

I like this recording. Everything is very smooth. Drums are comfortably in the background. Great guitar playing as always. Nice beat. No nits.

Good one surfer. Summertime is almost here again!
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 pm

Thanx all for listening to my RECing.
Bill- I instantly thought of a collab w/you on this one. Hopefully I'll expand on the project and come up w/something for us.
JB- I do miss my faster pace of the old days here on ZOOM. But I think maybe I've slowed down a touch. You don't seem to have though. :)
Lung- Funny, I turned the bass down a touch in the mix before render. I do agree it's a bit subtle in there.
green- I think surf rock must be in my genes or something! This just came so naturally I hardly even had to think about it at all.
Cracks- I really liked your review alot! I didn't even notice my tune was #1 there. It's actually holding ground too! That made me lol! Can't wait til summer warmth. Although it's nice and quiet here now at the shore, just how I like it.
HEY! You found dancing stick man! I missed that guy browsing through the smilies. Glad he could make it! :stick:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by surfercook on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:50 am

Nicely done Marc :) Works well. Great sound on the guitars and it really motors along.

Cheers

Dick
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:48 am

kinda sounds like something I would knock off just playin' around. Fun stuff and not jazzy which I like
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Thanx dickl and sunny for listening and posting nice feedback.
Sungodv wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:48 am
kinda sounds like something I would knock off just playin' around.
I def wanna hear something new from you!
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube