"You Lift Me" Original Sonar X3-Toontrack

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
voclizr
The Force
The Force

"You Lift Me" Original Sonar X3-Toontrack

Post by voclizr » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:24 pm

I really wanted you to hear this. I got the "Neo Soul" MIDI pack for EZ Keys and used it here. I also added strings (Soul music ALWAYS uses some kind of sexy strings). The four part background vocals was also an experiment just to see if I could pull it off (needed LOTS of Melodyne though). Made my voice a little "black" too. Hope ya dig it!

You Lift Me

Soundclick MP3 here
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

dickl
The Force
The Force

Re: "You Lift Me" Original Sonar X3-Toontrack

Post by dickl » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:20 am

Excellent John :)

A fine song and your arrangement really works as do the harmonies.

Nice work on the instrumentation. Very slick.

Cheers

Dick
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:41 pm

Good one, V. That first chorus really took me by happy surprise. Very Soul sounding. The four part background vocals with the lead had that R & B style call and response down pat. Very good. Nice midi tracks too. It all was mixed well.

Thanks for listen and comments on mine. I appreciate it.
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Dick & Sean-Thanks! :D
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Lungfruit
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Lungfruit » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:01 pm

John,
As usual your recording is meticulous. It sounds perfect. Love the harmonies. I envy your drum programming abilities. You got a winner here! Good job. Glenn
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:15 am

Lungfruit wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:01 pm
John,
I envy your drum programming abilities. Glenn
Thanks Glenn but you needn't envy me that much on this. My drum programming abilities are probably not any better than yours. These are EZ Drummer Presets. ;) :D
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp