Insensitive to Pain (Music Vid) recorded with Zoom H4n

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
elmerlang

Insensitive to Pain (Music Vid) recorded with Zoom H4n

Post by elmerlang » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi

INSENSITIVE TO PAIN
https://vimeo.com/178103275

elmer lang
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Insensitive to Pain (Music Vid) recorded with Zoom H4n

Post by The Cracks » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:04 pm

That's not bad. In fact, according to Ralph Murphy, the former President of BMI or ASCAP (I forget which one) and author of the great books and Youtube videos on songwriting (check them out), this style song is the future. It has flat-line lyrics and a catchy melodic chorus. I like it. I like the guitar background too.

What's wrong with Baltimore? Haha!
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:49 am

Nice song writing but pretty poor recorded sound. Did you record to mp3 and then got transcoding issues with creating the video? If you only have the H4n and no external mics I'd try putting it so that the internal stereo pair points to your mouth and the guitar (you'll need a microphone stand and an adaptor to camera tripod diameter thread), and then adjust the levels in your editor later.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:40 pm

I like your poetic lyricism. Plus the chorus is an interesting & catchy device. However it gets lost in the poor quality of the mix. If that's a guitar in the background I can hardly hear it as its so far down in the mix. You should give it another shot!
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:13 am

I like your approach. Story telling is an art and you've carried this off really well.

Clever lyrics and delivery. Somewhat bleak but the sound suits it.

I watched another video as well and you have an interesting style. Not exactly fun but involving.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here