I Will Be Back - org/PSRE403/SP1/Cl1/Mixcraft 5

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
The Cracks
The Force
The Force

I Will Be Back - org/PSRE403/SP1/Cl1/Mixcraft 5

Post by The Cracks » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:47 pm

I had the house to myself today so I sat down at the piano and wrote and recorded this song. It's nothing special but I admit it was fun to be able to write a song and record it in under two hours the way an artist might sketch a quick drawing or something. I could have taken a nap or watched baseball on T.V. but I did something creative and worthwhile, to me, at least.

I actually sat down with the title of "I'm On Track" in mind and wrote the song around that. They lyrics are all gibberish but a summer theme seemed to have emerged and then, by the end, I felt like it was a song about a kid communicating to his girlfriend from a rehab or something. I don't know. It's nothing concrete. Some of the lines are down right hackneyed but I didn't care, I just kept pushing forward.

All music written on my PSRE403 keyboard (piano, violin, and bell) which was recorded in the Mixcraft 5 via the Cl1 interface. The vocals were recorded into Mixcraft 5 via the SP1 mic. Everything mixed (just some reverb added to each track) in Mixcraft 5.

Thanks for any listens and comments.

Here is: I Will Be Back

Edit: I changed the title of the song.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: I Will Be Back - org/PSRE403/SP1/Cl1/Mixcraft 5

Post by Lungfruit » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Sean~
Great sounding tune. Sounds BIG and expansive in my headphones. Piano sounds vaguely Pink Floydish. The harmonies fit in nice. I was half expecting a rocking guitar to kick in, but the strings add to the melancholy feel to the whole thing. 2 hours is impressive!

Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

still_fiddlin
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by still_fiddlin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:20 am

Very neat! I wish I could make myself sit down and write just *one* song (as he checks baseball schedule on TV...). Impressive.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:05 am

Lungfruit wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:55 pm
Piano sounds vaguely Pink Floydish.
Glenn - thanks for listen and comments. That is so wild that you said the piano sounded "vaguely Pink Floydish". I had just finished reading your post about you going to see Roger Waters on the open forum and I thought maybe he'd be coming this way so I checked his website and, low and behold, he'll be in D. C. this coming Friday and Saturday. So I bought a ticket (only a few left)! Then I went to Youtube to listen to some of his new songs that he'd be playing (they are all very good, by the way) then I wrote this song. I don't know if it was that you had just recently seen Waters or if it was me having just bought the ticket and watching Waters on Youtube but it all must have bled through! :nuts: Crazy world we live in!

I wish I could come in with a big Pink Floyd guitar sound. I don't have it in me. I was going to say that this song (and all my songs for that matter) are really just demos that I would bring to a band to work out. But being in a band was never in my cards, ala' The Cracks. :cheer:

still_fiddlin - thank you for listen and comments. I love the fact that I can sit down and produce a song in such a short time. It's not so much any talent I have but the modern home recording studio. I have been really appreciating it lately.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:31 am

The Cracks wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:05 am
Lungfruit wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:55 pm
Piano sounds vaguely Pink Floydish.
Glenn - thanks for listen and comments. That is so wild that you said the piano sounded "vaguely Pink Floydish". I had just finished reading your post about you going to see Roger Waters on the open forum and I thought maybe he'd be coming this way so I checked his website and, low and behold, he'll be in D. C. this coming Friday and Saturday. So I bought a ticket (only a few left)!
Nice :drum: Enjoy the show! I had a great time there!
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:08 am

Excellent Sean.

Mournful delivery but hope shines through the lyrics.

Nicely arranged. Very subtle and understated.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Thanks Dick. I appreciate it.

"Mournful delivery but hope shines through the lyrics."

I like that. :yes:
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

John P
new to this board
new to this board

Post by John P » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Great composition and sound quality. Well done
0 x