On the Beach / I'll Remember- Zoom R8, cover, electric guitar

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
John P
new to this board
new to this board

On the Beach / I'll Remember- Zoom R8, cover, electric guitar

Post by John P » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:37 am

Hello. Here's my cover of the Chameleons songs "On the Beach" and "I'll Remember":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN0WcT-Bo8Q

Zoom R8 for recording and guitar effects
Yamaha DGX for drums strings and bass
Microkorg for waves
Mixpad for editing
Epiphone Les Paul Model guitar

My first effort with the Zoom R8 which i am stilling learning. I particularly like the analog delay that begins at appx 2:00, which i set at 360 ms. That is a very nice feature. The mix sounds great on the R8. When i transfer the sd card to edit/upload, the sounds gets muddy, loses the high-end and has a deep bass sound both as a wav and mp3. Tried the mastering effect, same thing. Any advice appreciated. Thank you for listening and feedback is appreciated. JP :guitar:
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: On the Beach / I'll Remember- Zoom R8, cover, electric guitar

Post by The Cracks » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:22 am

Nice sound.

I have no advice as it sounded good to me and you probably know more than I do about home recording.

Edit: Thanks for listen and comments on my song. I appreciate it.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Hey John,
Welcome to the board! I don't know the originals, but they are both pretty cool songs. Surf-like in a way. The mix sounds good; all instruments seemed in the right place in the mix. The drums had enough variation in them to keep them from sounding too programmed. The one thing about this is that the whole thing seems a little muddy. Hard to put my finger on it but it seems not clear. It also could be YouTube or my headphones or both. Hard to say.

Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Welcome to Zoom! Enjoyed this. Great guitar work. Not familiar with the original, but I took a gander over at YouTube. You seemed to make this a bit your own in the guitar work. Kinda remind me of the 60s instrumental guitar bands like The Ventures and The Chantays. Nice.

:D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Wolfini » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi John!

Welcome to the forum.

The only reason I could think of why the sound differs between listening on the zoom or listening elsewhere is if you are using different headphones/speakers?

I also think that on the recordings you uploaded the bass seems a bit too loud and overpowering.

I suppose you have created a master mixdown on the zoom and uploaded that?

Bye Wolfi
0 x