Which Paul_T song sucks least?

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks

Poll ended at Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:08 pm

Armor Pajamas
100%
Kids Are Kryptonite
No votes
Falcon Freeman
No votes
I'm Gone
No votes
Head Up
No votes
Stripped Down And Searching
No votes
I Killed A Clown
No votes
Roll Right
No votes
Petal Pusher
No votes
They All Suck Equally
No votes

Total votes: 5

Paul_T
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Paul_T » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:08 pm

It's almost November, so I figured I'd fix my own election. 8)

If you're unfamiliar with any of these pitiful tunes, please visit soundclick.com and listen to the first couple seconds of each song.
A couple seconds is all I ask. :lol:

Please be brutal. If a song doesn't grab you, it probably won't grab any songwriting contest judges, either.

Write-in ballots are also welcome!

Thanks! :lol:
0 x

Trace
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Trace » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:43 pm

I voted Armor Pajamas, per the other thread.
0 x

Paul_T
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Paul_T » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:54 pm

Thanks again Trace. I'll pretend this is Florida and count your vote twice! :lol:
0 x

Jeffster
The Force
The Force

Post by Jeffster » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:58 pm

Hey Paul, going from memory, it's like a 3 way tie in my mind for "Armor Pajamas" "Falcon Freeman" and "Stripped Down and Searching"

Let me share my confusion with you: "SD&S" sticks out in my mind as a very poignant tune, perhaps likely to catch the judges ears. But if Yoko is part of the judging, she may sense "John" in "FF". And Trace already picked "AP" which is a darn good choice as well. Well, I'm sure I've been a big help!!! :oops:
0 x
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:54 pm

Any particular reason you didn't put "Art is All that Matters" up there?

Anyway, the fact it wasn't there made it easier for me to vote for "Armor Pajamas" (one of my all-time-favourite songs).
0 x

Paul_T
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Paul_T » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:01 pm

storpotaten wrote:Any particular reason you didn't put "Art is All that Matters" up there?

Anyway, the fact it wasn't there made it easier for me to vote for "Armor Pajamas" (one of my all-time-favourite songs).
The poll form wouldn't let me list every song, this was the maximum allowable. I like "Art Is All That Matters," but I think I could take it a lot further and record it better than I did, and I'm too lazy to bother right now. :oops:

Anyone else??
0 x

RC
dues paid
dues paid

Post by RC » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:13 pm

Well, I gushed all over Armor Pajamas when you first posted it.

While I don't think I've heard *everything* on the list yet, it would be hard to go wrong with that one. That's my quickie vote.
0 x

nicka
Yoda
Yoda

Post by nicka » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:01 am

Paul
I have recently just got an unlimited access instead of a pay by the hour account so i have not heard all of your material but i am currently downloading everyones work 1 by 1 and as i have not got to your songs yet, i had a quick listen to some of them in lo-fi and have gone with the others on armour p.
I am guessing you cannot submit covers otherwise it would be needle and the damage done by a long way.

Edit:
Just read your other thread paul that said its a song writing contest so needle is defenately out.
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:10 am

Armor Pajamas... the subject matter is what got to me most. Maybe it's that I'm working on a series of videos on Domestic Violence..? ;-)

(and yes I am keeping it in mind for future projects.)
0 x

Paul_T
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Paul_T » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:17 pm

Omegaman wrote:Armor Pajamas... the subject matter is what got to me most. Maybe it's that I'm working on a series of videos on Domestic Violence..? ;-)
Oooh that sounds like a fun film shoot. :roll: Ouch.

Are you using Avid or Final Cut Pro to edit? I just ordered a new Powerbook, plus Final Cut 4, Motion and DVD Studio Pro!!! I'm currently a writer/creative director, but I'm thinking of jumping the fence.
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:49 pm

Yes it was fun, professional actors, a budget, and I got to let them beat on each other...;-D actually the first installment was a 2004 Telly Award finalist.

I use Avid ExpressDV. 10 years ago when researching systems, the Avid made the most sense to me in terms of clips, bins etc... I briefly editing film in TV news, well at least watched as my cameraman edited ;-). there were few options available at that time, and since Avid Media Suite Pro was a "state contract" item it was easy to purchase without having to create bid specs etc. and there was a "logical upgrade path." well that went bye bye, but that is another story.

a friend of mine cuts weddings (yuck!) on FCP and I have heard great things about Vegas. but when upgrade time came (for this DV project) XDV made sense., because the interface is familiar. Most of the systems work great, its just a tool, what matters is what you do with it, and if it operates the way you think. (gee did that come out right? the system should be intuitive (as much as possible) and that varies from person to person.

Knowing how to write, and communicate is the key ingredient. You can learn basic editing and simple is best. It takes a lot of T&E to do the real fancy stuff, but to my eye, simpler is better, straight cuts, some dissolves. I save the fancy stuff for graphic backgrounds.

btw, I just posted over in the OT thread, in case anyone cares, kind of an introduction.
0 x

Jeffster
The Force
The Force

Post by Jeffster » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:55 pm

Omegaman wrote:btw, I just posted over in the OT thread, in case anyone cares, kind of an introduction.
I cared so much, I went there before here, and responded to you there, before reading your entry here. Now I wish I'd come here first, 'cause after reading the above stuff, and realizing I only understood every other word of it, (like the "but "and" "the" and "a" words), I would have been a *lot* more careful about joking around with you! You are one smart dude! 8)

Oh, yeah, now everybody get back to picking the song for Paul to win the JL Singwriting Contest with (hey, this is like a contest within a content, I love concentric stuff :lol: )
0 x
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Deft Tungsman
been here a while
been here a while

Welcome back to me?

Post by Deft Tungsman » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:17 pm

Dear Paul T,

Is it okay to say "welcome back" to myself? If silence is golden, I'm a goddamn Midas Breath!

Anyway, I do wish I could answer your poll, but I'm still sucking air with a dial-up modem: music downloads and on-line streaming remain beyond my reach. Too bad because the other day I was at my brother-in-law's (he's got a Mac with good speakers and a broadband connection) and I got the chance to hear what my recent upload, God Bless Uncle Sam, sounds like.

I also listened to some of your stuff and found it, as always, inspirational. Those of us who are striving to perfect our own weird thing have got to share the splendor with the rest of the world. I especially liked Kids are Kryptonite, but I wish I could have listened at my leisure.

Take care, Mr. T.
Deft
0 x

Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

no polling option?

Post by Wolfini » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:05 pm

Hi Paul!

Somehow I can´t put a vote? Am I too late? However I would have chosen death of a clown (or was it "just killed a clown"? - you know what I mean :) )- always loved that one :)
0 x

egross

Post by egross » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:36 pm

Hi,

I vote for Kids are Kryptonite -- Armor Pajamas is great and probably better to enter into the contest, but "Kids..." really struck a chord with me. So to speak. When I listened to it, it made me smile for the first time all day.....
0 x

Paul_T
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Where the H--- Am I????

Post by Paul_T » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:10 pm

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. :cry: I'm down in Miami Beach in the middle of a TV shoot for Days Inn! :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately, all I have is dial-up, so I can't hang around for long.
Plus there's all this wining and dining I've got to do (mostly wining) in addition to rooting on my Red Sox every night . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope to catch up on everything in a week or so.

Thanks for still voting!!! :lol: :lol:
0 x

kaxemerson
dues paid
dues paid

Post by kaxemerson » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:48 pm

Have to agree with the main stream here; "Armor Pajamas" is an awesome song!
0 x