The Loser-Original Sonar

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
voclizr
The Force
The Force

The Loser-Original Sonar

Post by voclizr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:53 pm

A bluesy tune
...or Soundclick, if you prefer

Enjoy!
Question-Is the bass loud enough?

:D
Last edited by voclizr on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Re: The Loser-Original Sonar

Post by Jim_Fogle » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:10 pm

I like this a lot. The bass is fine and the mix is fine for my taste.
0 x
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2017 Band-in-a-Box, Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:16 am

maybe a touch more bass
0 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Hey John,
Long time no see! Good to see that you are still putting out the hits. On my studio headphones the bass seems like enough. Although maybe it could be a bit fatter. Otherwise it's a nicely constructed piece in your usual style. The horns are a nice touch.

Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:38 am

Nicely done John.

The Hammond sounds good and I wonder whether the solo should have used that sound.

Nice jazzy intervals step it away from pure blues.

Good to see a few old faces as it's been VERY quiet round here ;)

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Wolfini » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi John!

I really like the instrumentation on this one. That e-piano sounds so great, as do the sax and other pianos and drums etc. You have really perfected your arrangement and production skills! Bass sounds fine on my headphones, I especially like the higher parts.

Lyrics are very nice and thoughtfull, too.

Congratulations, another good one!

Bye Wolfi
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:04 am

Thanks all for listening and the comments. :D ;)

@lungfruit-Thanks for the comment on the horns. That's a 3 part arrangement that I spent a great deal of time on.

@dickl-Yeah, the NI vintage organ collection is fun to play with. It has the B3, C3 and M3 classics as well as models of the old Vox Continental (think Dave Clark Five) and Farfisa (think Doors). I did the best I could with it given that I was never an organist and have no experience with navigating around a two manual.

:D
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:31 am

V, first off, thanks for listens and comments on my song(s). I appreciate it very much.

Yes, it's good to see old friends back. It's like the old days - Saturday morning and I'm listening to new tunes on 2090.org! :rock:

Very jazzy. The bass sounds fine to me. I like this piano program. Is that you playing some solo runs on the keys? Like that nice horn sound during the break? Is that you? Good lyrics and well recorded. Wow, it all meets at the end very nicely.

I like it! Keep them coming.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

elmerlang

Post by elmerlang » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Nice blues style. Impressive range on the ol' vocal. Arrangement good, the drums a little dry. I enjoyed it.
0 x

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:41 am

Sounds good, JB. I like the laid back feel of this one. Very full sounding RECing. Needs some electric guitar! :guitar:
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks Cracky, elmer & surfercook. :D :D
Yeah, that's all me, Sean.
@surfercook-Maybe in some other life a bit of guitar would sound OK. I don't do collabs anymore.

;) :D
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp