Pina Colada / Original / R8 + Reaper

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Pina Colada / Original / R8 + Reaper

Post by Wolfini » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Hello dear Zoomers!

It has been a looong while... in that time I have mostly been working on my vocals, and since I never felt ready for recording, I did not. Well I think I am still not quite there, but nevertheless here is a song I recently finished - at least for now. It is a little stupid summer ditty I wrote in June, but well, perhaps there is still some sun somewhere even now in September. ;-)

Pina Colada

Production notes:
Yamaha A3M acoustic guitar
Yamaha fretless bass through Vox Stomplab B1
Percussion EZ Drummer 2
all recorded on Zoom R8 and mixed in Reaper

Bye Wolfi
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Re: Pina Colada / Original / R8 + Reaper

Post by dickl » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:30 am

I was going to say that there's sun in the Caribbean but perhaps not at the moment :(

Lovely song Wolfi. Very nicely done. The bass comes over very well and your voice is sounding good. I always think that your lyrics are very clever and considering it's not your first language that's pretty impressive.

Two stories come to mind.

The only time I ever flew a long distance (I don't fly at all now) I went to Fiji (I love the way those three dots look ;) ) As part of the trip we spent a couple of days on a small island. Idyllic beaches and palm trees giving shade but they were nearly empty even though the resort had quite a few people staying there. The reason given was that laying under those trees could get you killed as coconuts regularly fell off!

The second story was many years ago at a party me and a mate of mine persuaded a group of girls that piña colada was Spanish for "coloured penis". Yeah, childish I know but it's amazing how gullible some people are (just look at our EU vote :( )

Take care Wolfi and don't expect too many responses as it's particularly dead here at the moment.

Nice to hear from you again.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:53 am

Wolfie!
Welcome back! Good to see that you are still behind the mic! It's a great little song. Mixed very nicely and well balanced. This one made me smile. Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Wolfini
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Wolfini » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:17 am

Thanks Dick and Glenn for the comments!

That is a great story, Dick, about Fiji. I was not sure if falling coconuts were a real problem - but obviously they are. I am glad you were not hit. ;-)

Bye Wolfi
0 x

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Fun song, nice to hear from you again! I'm feeling like some bass notes are too staccato and I'd rather let them ring longer, but maybe that's just me.
Wolfini wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:23 pm
Production notes:
Yamaha A3M acoustic guitar
Yamaha fretless bass through Vox Stomplab B1
Percussion EZ Drummer 2
all recorded on Zoom R8 and mixed in Reaper
And I thought you'd been playing tambourines and shakers by hand!
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Lovely tune. Feel good type of song. The acoustic guitar sounds nice and clean. Bass could use a boost in either volume or low end boost. The various percussion was the perfect touch.

:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:22 am

First off, Wolfi, thanks for listen and comments on my song. I appreciate it.

I like this. The guitar playing is very lovely. Vocals and lyrics are good. The drums work well. You found good ones to match your work. Which comes first? The drums or the music? That's always been my problem when using drum programs. I have to build the song around the drums.

Nice recording. Good song.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:37 am

Sounds pina colada alright to me! Fun little jam you u put together, Wolfi.
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube