Sweet Tequila Blues - Focusrite Saffire/Mac Mini/Logic Pro - acoustic(y)/country cover

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
still_fiddlin
been here a while
been here a while

Sweet Tequila Blues - Focusrite Saffire/Mac Mini/Logic Pro - acoustic(y)/country cover

Post by still_fiddlin » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:34 am

This is a song, originally by Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodriguez, done by some friends from the open mic where I record, along with my guitar scratch track that never got replaced... Lots of things went upside down during the process of doing this (thanks Harvey!) so it's about 3/4 where I thought it would end up, but time to move on, though I'll likely do a minor mix tweak or 2 when my head clears more. All recorded and mixed in my little music room upstairs, but no Zoom equipment used in this one.

Sweet Tequila Blues (SoundCloud link)
0 x

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Re: Sweet Tequila Blues - Focusrite Saffire/Mac Mini/Logic Pro - acoustic(y)/country cover

Post by greenA2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Sounds great, more like this please! Well done to all involved.
1 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: Sweet Tequila Blues - Focusrite Saffire/Mac Mini/Logic Pro - acoustic(y)/country cover

Post by voclizr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:53 pm

I enjoyed this. The sparse instrumentation of only guitar & mandolin and the male/female vocal duet made for some great listening. Very nice.

:^:
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

elmerlang

Post by elmerlang » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:45 pm

O, bring in the Spring air, freshly cleaned from a good rain. VEry nice, liked the harmonies—is that the first female voice I've heard here?
Chip Taylor, ish't he Jon Voigt's bro?
Anyways enjoyed this quite a bit.
1 x

still_fiddlin
been here a while
been here a while

Post by still_fiddlin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks for the listens, everyone!

@elmerlang, I posted a couple of songs earlier in a similar style that had the same woman singing. She's a darn good harp player too!
0 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:53 pm

Sweet little number. Seems mixed right. I don't know the original, but I like this one.
1 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

still_fiddlin
been here a while
been here a while

Post by still_fiddlin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Lungfruit wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:53 pm
Sweet little number. Seems mixed right. I don't know the original, but I like this one.
Thanks for listening! I think there are some live versions on YouTube. This arrangement is straight from the album version, though Marie's harp playing takes the place of Carrie's fiddling. Chip, and Carrie, especially, are really good. I might go see her show next weekend in La Grange if the stars align...

I had the mix pretty close but got a few suggestions over at the Telecaster board (tdpri.com) and did some tweaks this morning to get it where it is now. The two folks singing in it, and the bass player, are in a band that does it but it's a bigger deal with 2 guitars, mandolin, bass and drums. I went for something more like the original, at least as much as you can make a harmonica replace a fiddle. "Drums" were all in the box, of course, and only a suggestion (to avoid using a click for folks used to drums with the song) that went along with the guitar scratch track. In the end, both the drums and scratch guitar stayed because of weather and time that just flew by.
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Nice clean recording and a fine ensemble performance.

Neat picking and blowing :)

Cheers

Dick
1 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Sounds good.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson