Glad I Saw You Tonight org/PSRE403/Big Baby Taylor/SP1/Cl1/MX5

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Glad I Saw You Tonight org/PSRE403/Big Baby Taylor/SP1/Cl1/MX5

Post by The Cracks » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:37 pm

This is another quickie production. That's about all I have in me these days.

I was listening to Tom Petty on Youtube and I was so glad I saw him on tour this past summer. It was a great performance and little did anyone know...

Anyway, that idea of "so glad I saw you tonight" was a good title (rarely do I write a song off a title) so I went to my piano and banged out some simple chords on my PSRE403 keyboard and found a rough melody. Once the recording began I started getting a bit too ambitious and added strings and choir and it all turned to a muddy mix, so I stripped it back down to this simple production.

Here are the particulars:

PSRE403 - piano and violin into Cl1 interface into Mixcraft 5.
Big Baby Taylor guitar - played into SP1 mic into Cl1 interface into Mixcraft 5.
Vocals - SP1 mic, into Cl1 interface into Mixcraft 5.
Mixed in Mixcraft 5

Anyway, here is (it's on soundclick now, not bandcamp):

Glad I Saw You Tonight

Thanks for any listens and comments.
Last edited by The Cracks on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Glad I Saw You Tonight org/PSRE403/Big Baby Taylor/SP1/Cl1/MX5

Post by Lungfruit » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Beautifully recorded. The piano and your voice are very clear. The faint strings in the background are a nice touch. Overall a very nice song. I'm envious of being able to put a song together that quickly.
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:02 pm

It doesn't need any embellishment it's perfect as it is.

Simple and powerful, a little masterclass in economy.

Nice work Sean.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:42 pm

Thank you Lungfruit and Dick for listen and comments. I appreciate it very much.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:54 pm

I agree that this tune sounds fine on its own and to add anymore than what you have here would be overproducing it. There's beauty in simplicity.

:^:

RIP Tom Petty. He was a great artist on so many levels. :(
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Thank you John. I appreciate the listen and comments.

Yes, I am glad I saw Tom Petty. I almost didn't go.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:34 pm

I like it. You kinda sound like Tom Petty too! I have also enjoyed using the piano w/strings setting on my Yamaha keyboard. Embellishment made easy! :^: :music:
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube