You Belong to Me, Tribute to Mom and Dad

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Omegaman
The Force
The Force

You Belong to Me, Tribute to Mom and Dad

Post by Omegaman » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:07 am

A song that meant a lot to my late mother and father, a short video I put together in preparation for her recent funeral. This was a back up in case I couldn't play at church, but I was able to tell the story of her, dad and this song and play it. My nephew played acoustic guitar with me, so I didn't use the backing track. My brother in law shot video, but I have not seen it yet.

https://youtu.be/upEnBmsxmnc
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: You Belong to Me, Tribute to Mom and Dad

Post by voclizr » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:48 pm

That was a lovely song and this brings back so many memories of my childhood. I'm sure your Mom & Dad would be proud of your rendition. Great video too.

:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks John.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Nice tribute, Bill. You have my condolences. Was your mother a Philly girl? I see rowhouses in the background in that one photo. Nice playing.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:58 pm

Sean, she was from Scranton, PA, but those row homes were in NE Philly, when she summered with her Aunt and Uncle... good eye!!

Thanks for the condolences, the past two years were rough on her (and us) in and out of hospitals and rehab/nursing facilities, but she died at home slipping away rather peacefully and quickly.
0 x

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Nice tribute,Bill. Was sorry to hear about your mom. :-(
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:03 am

Bill,
Sorry to hear of your mom's passing. It's a beautiful tribute. I really like the idea of covering their favorite song over the images.

Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path