Hey Hey My My Generation ~ Neil Young + The Who MASH UP cover ~ R24

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hey Hey My My Generation ~ Neil Young + The Who MASH UP cover ~ R24

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:12 am

I don't know about the vocals. I tried this in a different key to try to keep my voice sounding more relaxed but I have a hard time telling if I am on key. I tried many vocal takes and had other people listen but they were undecided. I'm curious what you opinion is.

This is a mash up of Neil Young's "Hey Hey My My" with The Who's "My Generation".

https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the ... generation

Merry Christmas to all the Zoomers out there!
Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Hey Hey My My Generation ~ Neil Young + The Who MASH UP cover ~ R24

Post by The Cracks » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:03 pm

That was very nice and smooth mashing of the two. Good recording and mix. The vocals sounded on key and fine to me. You really created an entirely new melody with this. Well done. I like the guitar solo during break. I liked this.

Merry Christmas to you too Glenn.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:55 pm

The Cracks wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:03 pm
That was very nice and smooth mashing of the two. Good recording and mix. The vocals sounded on key and fine to me. You really created an entirely new melody with this. Well done. I like the guitar solo during break. I liked this.

Merry Christmas to you too Glenn.
Sean,
Thanks for listening. My vocals are still a struggle for me. Traffic on this board has really slowed!
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:16 pm

Lungfruit wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:55 pm
Traffic on this board has really slowed!
Yes, very slow. I appreciate Zoetrope keeping the place open.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Sounds good to me! Quite a different take on two of my favorites from these artists. Never saw Neil but I have seen The Who...like 4x! Sounds like you've come up w/an entirely new progression for both of these tunes. Nice originality.
1 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:37 pm

I was never a big Who or Neil Young fan, but this sounds pretty good to my ears. About the singing-don't worry too much about that. My vocal tracks are all heavily punched in (almost every line). Singing is hard, at least if you want it to sound listenable.

:^:
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 am

Clever work Glenn. Nicely mashed up.

I like how you put it all together.

Cheers

Dick
1 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here