"In My Own Shoes" ~ original rock ~ R24

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

"In My Own Shoes" ~ original rock ~ R24

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 am

Hey Guys!

I'm still here zooming away in the Jam Lab! Here is my latest...
https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the ... -own-shoes

Thanks for listening!
Glenn
1 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: "In My Own Shoes" ~ original rock ~ R24

Post by The Cracks » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:29 pm

:clap:

Great tune.

I love the tone you got on the lead electric guitar. Fantastic playing in intro and sections after the choruses and the outro. I'd love to be able to play like that. Good bass walk downs too. Lyrics and vocals right on.

I like it!
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:26 am

The Cracks wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:29 pm
:clap:

Great tune.

I love the tone you got on the lead electric guitar. Fantastic playing in intro and sections after the choruses and the outro. I'd love to be able to play like that. Good bass walk downs too. Lyrics and vocals right on.

I like it!
Thanks Sean for listening. I have a mulit-effects pedal, Digitech RP255, that has a reverb setting that sounds so great I often go to it. I'm very happy with how the leads turned out with this one.
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:09 am

Have you been possessed by Neil Young? ;)

One of your best I think. I really like the arrangement and as Sean said the lead guitar tone is very good.

I'm pleased that some folks are still posting even if there are few responses these days.

I was talking about it last night. How in the early days of these home recorded music sites it was new songs every day but they all seem to have fallen off over the past few years.

I thought that maybe it was just me getting older and less productive but I see that there are many younger musicians that have also slowed down posting here and on my "other site" Macjams.

I'm sure there's a thesis to be written on it (and probably already has been!)

Anyway, nice one Glenn :)

Cheers

Dick
1 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

ps02
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by ps02 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:47 am

The Neil Young Comparison is right. You have his sound in voice

Old school recording and song writing, which I assume is what you are going for :) .

Very 'reverby' (to much? I don't know).

Keep it up.
1 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:06 am

ps02 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:47 am
Old school recording and song writing, which I assume is what you are going for :) .
Thanks to you and Dick for listening. It is quite a compliment to be compared to one on my musical inspirations. I'm not sure that I'm "old school" with all the digital stuff I have. :D
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:52 pm

dickl wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:09 am

One of your best I think. I really like the arrangement and as Sean said the lead guitar tone is very good.

I'm pleased that some folks are still posting even if there are few responses these days.

I was talking about it last night. How in the early days of these home recorded music sites it was new songs every day but they all seem to have fallen off over the past few years.

I thought that maybe it was just me getting older and less productive but I see that there are many younger musicians that have also slowed down posting here and on my "other site" Macjams.

Cheers

Dick
I agree that this is one of your best, Lung. You seem to have a very clear direction for the melody here and your vocals are getting tighter. It's also obvious how much of a Neil Young fan you are. ;)
:^:

Not to high jack this thread, but in addressing what dickl said above, I also remember how this joint used to hop about 10 (or 12) years ago. Many new tunes a day and now sometimes it seems to get "stuck" to the point where there are several weeks with no new posts. Are we all asleep or are we just getting too old for this crap? As for myself, I've been very prolific as of late. In fact, I've written more tunes in the past 2 years than I have in the previous 10 years, but I've weened myself of the need to post every new tune for review here or anywhere else. If anybody is interested in what I've been up to lately they can check my Bandcamp or Soundclick. Maybe that's how we're all thinking.

Sorry Glenn-Back to your thread. Thanks! :D
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:22 pm

I love those raw tones and your rhythm strum. Very cool on this one. Neil's got nothin' on ya, lung! so many roads is right, brother! killer grtr solo into that organ refrain. Reminded me of Jefferson Airplane a little. What drums are those? sounds like a real drummer! I SO wanna toss this jam into one of my surf video edits! Check out my last one here from this past month.
February LBI Fun
1 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:15 pm

voclizr wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:52 pm
dickl wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:09 am

Cheers

Dick
I agree that this is one of your best, Lung. You seem to have a very clear direction for the melody here and your vocals are getting tighter. It's also obvious how much of a Neil Young fan you are. ;)
:^:

Not to high jack this thread, but in addressing what dickl said above, I also remember how this joint used to hop about 10 (or 12) years ago. Many new tunes a day and now sometimes it seems to get "stuck" to the point where there are several weeks with no new posts. Are we all asleep or are we just getting too old for this crap? As for myself, I've been very prolific as of late. In fact, I've written more tunes in the past 2 years than I have in the previous 10 years, but I've weened myself of the need to post every new tune for review here or anywhere else. If anybody is interested in what I've been up to lately they can check my Bandcamp or Soundclick. Maybe that's how we're all thinking.

Sorry Glenn-Back to your thread. Thanks! :D
I agree John, I don't know where are all zoomers have gone. The other forum I post in "Ultimate Guitar" has seen a drop off in posts over the years. I too put more on my Soundcloud page than I post here. I do like to get my art out to the world though! Thanks for listening. Glenn
0 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:17 pm

surfercook wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:22 pm
I love those raw tones and your rhythm strum. Very cool on this one. Neil's got nothin' on ya, lung! so many roads is right, brother! killer grtr solo into that organ refrain. Reminded me of Jefferson Airplane a little. What drums are those? sounds like a real drummer! I SO wanna toss this jam into one of my surf video edits! Check out my last one here from this past month.
February LBI Fun
Thanks for listening.The drums are me on a Alesis DM10 eKit. I love the video with the surf in the background. Your welcome to put this on a video. If you do let me know so I can check it out! Glenn
0 x

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Got to agree with everyone. You nailed the Neil Young vibe. I wish I played guitar good enough to play lead like you do. I enjoyed listening.
1 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB SSD

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:55 pm

Jim_Fogle wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:23 pm
Got to agree with everyone. You nailed the Neil Young vibe. I wish I played guitar good enough to play lead like you do. I enjoyed listening.
Thanks for listening Jim. I get a sweet reverb tone out of that pedal! :guitar:
0 x

still_fiddlin

Post by still_fiddlin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Really, really liked this song, and like others, the NY vibe and your vocals. I guess the only thing that I'd think about is the stereo imaging - it felt like there was a lot of everything going on right in the middle, and just a little more separation might help the vocals have more clarity. But, nits, really. Good job!
1 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:23 pm

still_fiddlin wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:04 pm
Really, really liked this song, and like others, the NY vibe and your vocals. I guess the only thing that I'd think about is the stereo imaging - it felt like there was a lot of everything going on right in the middle, and just a little more separation might help the vocals have more clarity. But, nits, really. Good job!
I’ve thought that too but didn’t think to try stereo imaging, I’m going to try that. Thanks for listening!
0 x

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:15 pm

Good one! Nice vocals, I imagined a call and response type chorus but still good. Love the guitar solo towards the end.
0 x
Roy-Al