Cold and Lonely World - Logic Pro X/Focusrite Scarlett - Original

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
ps02
member in good standing
member in good standing

Cold and Lonely World - Logic Pro X/Focusrite Scarlett - Original

Post by ps02 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:27 am

Hi there,

I posted on here back last year with a couple of covers (just vocal and acoustic guitar).

I have since got some proper gear (mic, keyboard, audio interface...etc) and recorded an original song.

Please let me know what you think.

Link - https://soundcloud.com/lazyechomusic/co ... nely-world

Thanks.
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Re: Cold and Lonely World - Logic Pro X/Focusrite Scarlett - Original

Post by Sungodv » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:32 pm

I picked a good day to come by....
It's too bad this wasn't posted about a decade back because it would have gotten a bunch of responses, but the forum seems mostly dead for the past.....decade.
This is a fine toon and a good recording for the speakers of my laptop, but it sounded a bit muffled on larger speaks. Kind of an abrupt start, but it still works.
You remind me of the member ferrit as far as your voice is concerned and I think he used Logic too.
Anyway, good job. Would love to remix it, but I don't have a machine to do that. Loved the Beatle influenced guitar vibratro line/sound (to my ears).
Liked it just fine.
Were the drums loops? I hear echoed whispers in the instrumental break w/ the keyboard for some reason and I like the lazyecho username.
The length of the toon is perfect too.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:58 am

Really great recording. So clear. Did you use auto tune? Lovely melody. Great instrumentation too.

I liked it!
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:11 am

This is a really great piece! It's mixed and recorded very well. The smidge of auto-tune on your voice is perfect. How did you get that effect? Are you playing those drums or are they programmed? It's interesting to listen to and I wanted to listen to the whole song. I would agree that it starts off abruptly. Good work!
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:40 pm

Love the song! Very smooth. Great production and arrangement. I'd like to hear a bit more bass though. It sounds a bit thin in that department.

BTW-Thanks for your feedback on "All The While" :D

:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

ps02
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by ps02 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:06 am

Thanks for listening everyone.

The start is abrupt (like the end!) but I wasn't quite sure how else to start this one.

The drums are from logic. It has a feature called 'Drummer' in which you can program realistic drums which is really useful.

I have a few effects on my voice to smooth it a bit and also their is something called 'flex pitch' which is good for correcting a few flat notes as I wouldn't say I'm much of a singer!

As for the mix, I mixed it using some reference presonus monitors and reference Samson earphones and it sounded OK (I'm still learning though, this is my first proper recording in Logic). So when you guys say the bass is low or it is muffled it is hard to say what is correct because we all have different speaker/headphones but I will take that onboard for next time.

I'm glad the song is appreciated and it's nice to get positive feedback on that. I would like to get more people to hear it but I'm not sure how?!

My main aim was not to embarrass myself on my first attempt really! :)

Thanks!
1 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:04 am

Embarrass yourself? Far from it.

I really like this. Excellent writing and production. Lovely guitar work and the vocal effect works well.

I also use Logic and my last few songs have used "drummer" to good effect.

I look forward to some more.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Sounds pro to me. Quite visionary. And the REC sounds amazing through my Sony earbuds. You have a great style, Pretty chill and kinda reminds me of Oasis. It really is a cold and lonely world sometimes.
(cool user name btw! I drove 40 miles right around 2000 to buy a PS-02. Still have it).
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

ps02
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by ps02 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:11 pm

thanks for listening!

I see myself as more a songwriter than performer so I'm glad it sounded ok.

I'm currently in the process of finishing the next one and once I pluck up the courage I'll post it.
0 x

still_fiddlin

Post by still_fiddlin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:16 am

Very nice song! Thanks for posting!
0 x

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Listening to that was so cool. kinda takes me back and keeps me present. Good clean vocals, perfect diction, great melody, great instrumentals. A classic!
0 x
Roy-Al