The Riddle, PS-04, original, Rock instrumental

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

The Riddle, PS-04, original, Rock instrumental

Post by Beatnick » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:16 am

So I recently released an album. It's called "A Memory Ago" by Beatnick's Odyssey. It's pretty much a best of instrumental album spanning about 20 years. The way I recorded changed throughout the album. I released The album through CDBaby and they put it on a lot of streaming sites for me including Spotify, Google, Amazon, Apple, Deezer and YouTube if anyone is interested.

This song is called "The Riddle" and was recorded about 15 years ago on my Zoom PS-04. I loved that thing. I can't remember if I used the onboard effects or a separate effect unit. I know I did have a Digitech GNX 1 at the time so it could be either one. I'm pretty sure I recorded the backing track (made on a Yamaha QY-100) as a single stereo track on tracks 3 and 4 and then recorded my guitar on track 1. I don't think I did anything on track 2, but I might have done some overdubs. I then ran the line out into my computer and mixed the final edit in real time. I remember that was a pain with the tiny sliders.

I will probably post more of the songs related to Zoom, but not until I listen to some of the other tracks on here. I have a lot to listen to.

Enjoy.

The Riddle
0 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n (Currently the only pedal I use), G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: The Riddle, PS-04, original, Rock instrumental

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:17 am

Nice instrumental. The mix seems right in my headphones. The instruments are clear. The timing is good. I like Sitar effect. what is that? I have a EHX Ravish Sitar pedal, but I don't think it's that. Good luck on selling your album.
1 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:36 pm

The sitar is actually coming from the Yamaha QY-100. It's not the guitar at all. I have used effect pedals to create a sitarish sound though. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Last edited by Beatnick on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n (Currently the only pedal I use), G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:11 am

Good to see/hear a new face. Welcome.

Amazing what you can do with a PS04.

Quite a few of the original members used PS04s to very good effect.

Nicely done. Smooth sound and well balanced.

Cheers

Dick
1 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here