Can This Be Love?, PS-04, Original, Rock

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Can This Be Love?, PS-04, Original, Rock

Post by Beatnick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 am

I went through a lot with this song. Everything was done on a Zoom PS-04 around 2004. I programmed all of the drums for it on the PS-04 and all the guitar effects were from it too. The title is just what I think my guitar sounds like it's saying on the main riff. After I finished it and made this mix, I decided to go back and rerecord one of the tracks. I accidently recorded over the main track instead of using a virtual track. So this ended up being the final copy...and somehow I lost it. I tore my house apart looking for it and figured it was lost for good. Probably 10 years later I was cleaning and found a CD I burned with this on it. I was so happy because it's actually one of my favorite tracks. Very upbeat. Enjoy.

Can This Be Love?
0 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

dickl
The Force
The Force

Re: Can This Be Love?, PS-04, Original, Rock

Post by dickl » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:03 am

I was wondering how the guitar could say that but now I see!

Once again, a very nicely put together piece and I'm very impressed that you did it on a PS04 :)

Cheers

Dick
1 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:38 am

It's easy to tell a lot of work went into making this. You didn't mention anything about a keyboard but I keep hearing one at different places in the song. I'm also hearing two guitar parts and, of course, the drums. Very impressive. The drums track was well planned. I really liked the active panning of the toms. The guitar playing was clean and the sound infectious. Excellent track.
0 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB SSD

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 am

Thanks, Jim. I love this song. It is 2 guitars, bass and keyboard all played by me. I actually started as a keyboard player. And all the drums were programmed by me as well on the PS04. I'm pretty sure I ran the line out into my computer and recorded for the final mix, but I might have loaded each track onto my computer and put them in audacity to mix them, I'm not sure which. I love the way the PS04 pans the drums too.
1 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously