Roto, PS-04, Original, Halloween themed music video

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Roto, PS-04, Original, Halloween themed music video

Post by Beatnick » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:32 am

Listen to Roto

Happy Halloween every one. This is a Halloween themed video I created for my song Roto from "A Memory Ago." It's really not meant to be a Halloween song, but I noticed it had a dark sound that fit the Halloween mood perfectly.

It was original recorded years ago on my Zoom PS04. The keyboards, bass and drums were all created on a Yamaha QY-100 sequencer. I recorded them all onto one track on the PS-04 (I wish I had recorded that in stereo, but I didn't), I then recorded the clean guitar part on another track. Originally that was supposed to be the song, but when I listened to it, I felt like the ending was lacking and at the last minute I recorded the guitar solo. I did not use the PS-04 for effects this time. I used a Digitech GNX-1 with a rotory effect (which is where the title Roto came from). I know I had a Digitech Brian May pedal (I wish I kept that pedal) at the time that I kept in front of the GNX-1 for distortion sometimes, I'm not sure if I used it on this song or not, I think I did. Enjoy.
0 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

dickl
The Force
The Force

Re: Roto, PS-04, Original, Halloween themed music video

Post by dickl » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Like all your instrumentals this is really well put together.

Nicely balanced and a good use of the textures and sounds.

I liked the video and clever ending. I was rather hoping some horrible creature would suddenly flash up screaming after the relaxed pace of the rest of the video ;)

Cheers

Dick
2 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Dick. I did find out a happy coincidence with this song recently. As I mentioned in the description, I called it Roto because I used a rotary effect on the guitar and that s the only name that came to mind. Yesterday I found out that roto means broken in spanish. That definitely fits the feel I was going for.
2 x

Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Love the mix, love the sound, love the feel of the song. Great job!
1 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB SSD

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:13 pm

I've been listening to all your work and I've enjoyed it.

This sounds just Halloween should sound. Creepy and dreadful. Well played.

Great video too.

Nice recording on the old PS-04. I still have mine. I keep meaning to record at least one more song on it.
2 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:29 am

The Cracks wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:13 pm
Nice recording on the old PS-04. I still have mine. I keep meaning to record at least one more song on it.
I keep saying I'm going to pull mine out and mess with it again. This was recorded probably about 12 years ago. Seems like longer, but I know I was using the Brian May Red Special pedal at the time and I just looked it up, it came out in 2006. I really wish I'd kept that pedal. That and the Zoom PS-02 are the 2 I miss the most. I'm glad you enjoyed the songs.
1 x