Me Time, G3 and Audacity, original, ambient

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Me Time, G3 and Audacity, original, ambient

Post by Beatnick » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Listen to Me Time

This was recorded about 3 years ago. There is not much to say about this "song". I was trying to use the G3 to get a sitar like sound and this is what I came up with. Recording was very simple, I recorded directly into my computer while using the looper. It was all done in one take and then I edited the beginning a bit to keep it from being too long and repetitive. I kind of wish I had done a little more variety instead of repeating the same riff over again. Maybe one day I'll add some simple percussion or keyboard to give it a little more variety. Enjoy.
0 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Me Time, G3 and Audacity, original, ambient

Post by The Cracks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:01 am

It is pretty, although a little short. You did capture an Indian sound. You could add some chanting over this. The artist Krishna Das does songs that contain one or two looped musical motifs (I guess you'd call them that) and chants over top of them. Some of his work is really good (although it all starts sounding the same after a few songs). I am very interested in songs build around a chord progression that is looped the entire song. Some of the most popular songs are made like that.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Ya it seems more like an idea than a fully realized song. It sounds good. I like the sitar effect. Keep working on it. Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Thank you The Cracks and Lungfruit. I appreciate the input. I actually recorded it about 3 years ago and it was really just intended to be a quiet, end of the album song. I haven't really recorded much since then though. Just some little jams and equipment testing. Only just now did I really listen to it and hear how much room there is for improvements. I'm considering putting this on my R8 and seeing what I can come up with.
1 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously