Wasting Time, R8, Loop Jam, Rock

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Wasting Time, R8, Loop Jam, Rock

Post by Beatnick » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Listen to Wasting Time

This is another loop jam. I'm not exactly sure when I recorded it, but I figure it's the first thing I recorded when I got my Zoom R8 because the file I found was labeled PRJ000. I edited the backing track a bit (I love the way the R8 let's you do that). I then added a few extra after effects and used a master effect on the final mixdown. I don't remember what effects I used for the guitar, they were probably presets, I do know the mastering effect was the preset called "RockShow". I think it came out pretty good. Enjoy.
0 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Wasting Time, R8, Loop Jam, Rock

Post by The Cracks » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Sounds good. The opening reminded me of "Free Fallin". Great guitar playing.
1 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Pretty good sound. I especially like the sound of the rhythm guitar. I'm impressed with the tones, especially since you used presets for everything.
1 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB SSD

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Nice jam. All the instruments sound well balanced. Bizarre ending though. Would like to hear you do something vocal sometime. I imagine you probably have a singing voice like Randy Bachman.

:D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:19 am

The song was just a jam and that's where I felt like stopping. I used to try singing, I'm not a fan of my voice and I don't know if I want to sing anymore. I think I play better when I don't have to think about singing. I've always described my voice as better than Bob Dylan, but not as good as Tom Petty. When I really try to rock out I sound like Krusty the Clown.
0 x

Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:20 am

Beatnick wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:19 am
The song was just a jam and that's where I felt like stopping. I used to try singing, I'm not a fan of my voice and I don't know if I want to sing anymore. I think I play better when I don't have to think about singing. I've always described my voice as better than Bob Dylan, but not as good as Tom Petty. When I really try to rock out I sound like Krusty the Clown.
I suppose so, but it's been my life experience that many times the way a person plays their instrument (especially guitar) seems to tell me what kind of voice they have and for some reason your playing told me "this guy must sing like Randy Bachman".

Cheers!

:D
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Know what's funny. In my younger days I auditioned for a classic rock band and one of the songs I sang was "Takin' Care of Business." I didn't get it.
1 x