"A Song for the Seasons" -Original song & video

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
voclizr
The Force
The Force

"A Song for the Seasons" -Original song & video

Post by voclizr » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:52 pm

I don't know if I ever posted this here as a song. I just finished a slide show video for it. Sparse with just piano, (NI) string ensemble and single vocal. It's nice to get away from the drums and bass for a bit. Some of the photos are from my front and back yards showing off my wife's extensive gardening skills. The rest are from the Pixabay site.

"A Song for the Seasons"

Enjoy!
:D
Last edited by voclizr on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: "A Song for the Seasons" -Original song & video

Post by Lungfruit » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am

John,
I’m impressed by the amount of work you put into this. I like the sparse composition as well. It works for your song. Your wife had a green thumb!
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:52 pm

V, first, thanks for the listen and comments on my song. I appreciate it.

I like the sparse sound. Most of mine of late have been sparse. A piano, some strings or a violin or something, that's all you need!

Nice song. Very pretty piano. I'm not sure if you are playing along with the program or not but it sounds real. Strings work too.

Pretty gardens and nice house. I wish I had energy to do videos like I used to but it's just too much work with too little pay off - plus Google messed up Youtube and Microsoft messed up Movie Maker. Anyway, good to hear a new one from you.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Lungfruit wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am
John,
I’m impressed by the amount of work you put into this. I like the sparse composition as well. It works for your song. Your wife had a green thumb!
Thanks Glenn. My wife will appreciate your saying that. She lives for gardening and puts much time and effort (and $$$$$$) into it.
The Cracks wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:52 pm
V, first, thanks for the listen and comments on my song. I appreciate it.

Nice song. Very pretty piano. I'm not sure if you are playing along with the program or not but it sounds real. Strings work too.

Pretty gardens and nice house. I wish I had energy to do videos like I used to but it's just too much work with too little pay off - plus Google messed up Youtube and Microsoft messed up Movie Maker. Anyway, good to hear a new one from you.
Thanks Sean. I hope you're doing well. The piano articulations are mostly presets but I put the chord progressions together. The "string ensemble" I pretty much arranged with a little robotic help.
I made the vid on my Windows 7 laptop. I really wish Micro$oft would've continued the movie maker because it's fun, but they discontinued it after Win 7. I just love the way they seem to take more away than they add with each new version of their OS. :? :roll:

0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:49 am

Love the piano and string ensemble. The video is very good too. I think the app I use is called just called video maker on my phone. I just grab a bunch of public domain pictures from pixabay and throw them together mostly randomly other than the first and last picture and occasionally I try to time a picture to a specific point in the song, but that's not always easy. I have movie maker on my windows 10 laptop and I did not pay for it. Unless you mean you have to pay for extra features. When I used it didn't seem to have a lot of options. I did use it for a couple earlier videos, but since I'm rarely using my laptop I found an app for my phone.
0 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:47 am

Beatnick wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:49 am
Love the piano and string ensemble. The video is very good too. I think the app I use is called just called video maker on my phone. I just grab a bunch of public domain pictures from pixabay and throw them together mostly randomly other than the first and last picture and occasionally I try to time a picture to a specific point in the song, but that's not always easy. I have movie maker on my windows 10 laptop and I did not pay for it. Unless you mean you have to pay for extra features. When I used it didn't seem to have a lot of options. I did use it for a couple earlier videos, but since I'm rarely using my laptop I found an app for my phone.
Thanks, Beatnick.
You say you have Windows 10 on your laptop that has Movie Maker on it?
Wow, I have to check my Win 10 desktop again. Maybe it's hidden someplace in the programs menu, but I was never able to find it on mine.

0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Beatnick
been here a while
been here a while

Post by Beatnick » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:53 am

Hmmm...I just checked my regular desktop, which I use even less than the laptop, and it is not on there. The laptop came with Windows 10 preinstalled. My desktop had Windows 7 when I got it and I did the free upgrade when they offered. Maybe that's the difference. I don't know.
0 x
Beatnick's personal YouTube channel

Beatnick's Odyssey can be found on
CDBaby YouTube Spotify Amazon Apple Music Google SoundCloud
Feel free to search your favorite streaming site if it's not listed. I do not know all the ones I was put on.

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Very nicely done John.

Lovely song, well arranged, well performed and the slide show works really well.

I'm just starting to use EZKeys. I've had it for years but never really got very far until recently.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:28 am

dickl wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:20 pm
Very nicely done John.

Lovely song, well arranged, well performed and the slide show works really well.

I'm just starting to use EZKeys. I've had it for years but never really got very far until recently.

Cheers

Dick
Thanks, Dick!
I'm sure the more you explore EZ Keys the more you'll fall in love with it, especially the chord builder and browser. ;)
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Very nice song rendition. I like your instrument choices. I also like that your vocal is fairly dry, in fact the overall mix has just the right, light touch of ambience.

Fun tour through the countryside and garden. Who took the photographs you or your wife? Those are some very artistic photos.
0 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB SSD

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:52 am

Jim_Fogle wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:45 pm
Very nice song rendition. I like your instrument choices. I also like that your vocal is fairly dry, in fact the overall mix has just the right, light touch of ambience.

Fun tour through the countryside and garden. Who took the photographs you or your wife? Those are some very artistic photos.
Thanks Jim :D
The more artistic pics are from Pixabay.com, a free online photo source that actually has some beautiful pictures for free. The pics of the garden in front of the house are mine (pics and house), which I took myself. My wife has a niece in Florida and she always like to send her pics of her yard handiwork. The pics of the snow at the same house were taken by me after different snowstorms over the past few years. Early last year I caught a beautiful pic of a rainbow right outside my front door after a late winter rainstorm. I desperately wanted to include that pic on the video, but for some reason, I can't find it. :?

BTW-regarding the pictures of my house: There in the center, with the brick face and 3 small windows is the small room where the music happens.

0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp