Someone Jammin, R8 and G3n, Rock ballad, Improv jam

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick

Someone Jammin, R8 and G3n, Rock ballad, Improv jam

Post by Beatnick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 am

I haven't had much time to do much lately. I do pop in and check here every so often, but haven't had time for listening. I did record this jam the other day. The backing track is from YouTube. I plugged my phone into the auxiliary in on the the G3n and ran the G3n into my R8 so I could record 2 tracks in stereo. It was all in one take. Because I did not separate the backing track from the guitar I couldn't do any mixing. The guitar was a little high, so I messed with the mastering effects to help bring the backing track out a bit. I had to convert it to mono in the end. I heard the left channel go out a few times while recording, but I thought it was just my headphones so I pressed on, It was in the final mix though, urgh. Converting it to mono hides that a bit, but if you listen closely you'll hear the volume drops where that happened. Enjoy.

Listen to Someone's Jammin
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Someone Jammin, R8 and G3n, Rock ballad, Improv jam

Post by Lungfruit » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:37 pm

One take? Wow! That would've taken me like a week of playing to get that down. It's a nice jam though. It has a familiar sound to it, but I couldn't place it. That familiarity makes it instantly more likeable. I jam to backing tracks on YouTube as well. They are a lot of fun. Good stuff Beatnick!
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Beatnick

Re: Someone Jammin, R8 and G3n, Rock ballad, Improv jam

Post by Beatnick » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:08 am

Thanks, Lungfruit. That's the big difference between a jam and an actual song. A jam I'm just playing and seeing what happens, it's only recently that I decided to start recording them, some work, some don't. Now a song would take me weeks of planing everything and after recording going back and fixing errors and mixing. As for what the backing track sounds like, the title of the jam is a hint, but I'm going to see if anyone can figure it out. It did rack my brains when I first heard it too though.
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously