Leaving Jam, Zoom R8, Improv jam, ballad

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Leaving Jam, Zoom R8, Improv jam, ballad

Post by Beatnick » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:48 am

I did a little more recording today. This was originally supposed to be a cover song (I'll let you figure out what song) in my own style, but I never came up with a good guitar part back when I finished the backing track years ago. I thought it would be fun to jam over it and see what I could come up with. I first recorded the backing track on my Yamaha QY-100 years ago. I did have a keyboard hooked up to the QY-100 so I did actually play the keyboard parts, I probably played the bass part on keyboard too, but I don't remember. The drums were programmed. This morning I recorded onto track 1 and 2 for the stereo backing track. I recorded the guitar on track 3 using the R8 built in effects. I did a quick master track and used audicity to add a little compression and boost the volume. Enjoy.

Listen to Leaving Jam
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: Leaving Jam, Zoom R8, Improv jam, ballad

Post by voclizr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:41 pm

The only thing I can think of is "Leaving On A Jet Plane". It's not difficult to imagine that you keyed it to your voice. Would've been nice to hear your vocal and the rest of what you had in mind with this, but it's still a great jam track nonetheless.

:D :^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Beatnick » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 am

You got it. The title and last picture in the video where big hints. Sometimes I think I'll try singing again, but lately I just enjoy playing. And when I listen to my old recordings where I'm singing, I just don't like my voice. Maybe one day I'll find a singer to do my songs justice, my voice definitely does not do it.
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:20 am

Beatnick wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 am
You got it. The title and last picture in the video where big hints. Sometimes I think I'll try singing again, but lately I just enjoy playing. And when I listen to my old recordings where I'm singing, I just don't like my voice. Maybe one day I'll find a singer to do my songs justice, my voice definitely does not do it.
I feel ya, Bro. That's exactly how I've been thinking about my situation lately.
:)
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp