All Those Things We Said, PS-02, Original, Rock Ballad

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

All Those Things We Said, PS-02, Original, Rock Ballad

Post by Beatnick » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:12 pm

I'm trying another vocal song. I've actually gotten a few words of encouragement on The Common Man where I posted it, so I'm giving it another a try. This is a simplier song. While the recording was done 6 or 7 years ago, the song was written in the early 90s on my mother's piano, before I took guitar playing seriously. Since I used the PS-02 to record, I recorded the keyboard (Casio CTK-6000) on track 1. Vocals were probably on track 2, but I might have had the guitar there. I just used the 3 tracks. I did use onboard effects for the guitar, but the vocals I recorded dry. I programed the drum and bass and converted it to midi and moved the 3 audio tracks to my PC. At the time I had a program that let me put soundfonts on midi tracks (I don't remember the name of it unfortunately). I did that for the drum and bass and converted each track to a wav file. I then put the 5 tracks I had into audacity for adding effects to the vocals and final mixing. I think it came out pretty good, but you know I'd rather hear someone else singing. Enjoy.

Listen to All Those Things We Said on Soundcloud

Lyric video for All Those Things We Said on YouTube
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

dickl
The Force
The Force

Re: All Those Things We Said, PS-02, Original, Rock Ballad

Post by dickl » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:10 am

Very nicely done.

Cool song, well played and sung.

I liked the video too!

Cheers

Dick
1 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:04 pm

I agree with the comments on the video; The Beatles with Tom Petty singing lead. It’s a nice mix and the solo fits in nice. Don’t be afraid to put your voice out there. Glenn
1 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Beatnick » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:30 am

Thanks to both. Actually, Glenn, you are the second person to tell me it reminds them of the Beatles. I've also had some comparisons to Bob Geldolf (I really don't know his music, just that he did Live Aid) and David Gilmour 😊. I'm thinking I should revisit my older piano stuff now. Either way, both this song and the Common Man were recorded during the same session on my PS-02 so I'm preparing to release an EP of all the songs from that session on my SoundCloud page.
0 x
My YouTube channel

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:52 pm

I commented on SoundCloud. I really like the mix and the song. Not the best vocal I've heard from you but great job of fitting the vocal to the song. Excellent instrumentation and arrangement. One of your better recordings!
1 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB SSD

Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Beatnick » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:16 am

Thanks, Jim, I saw your comment. You are actually the first person to comment on any of my songs there. I'm going to try and focus more on my SoundCloud account from here out. I posted a few things there when I started it and then just negelected it for a few months.
0 x
My YouTube channel