Daughter of Mine/org/PSRE403, Big Baby Taylor, SP1 mic, Cl1 interface, Mixcraft 5

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Daughter of Mine/org/PSRE403, Big Baby Taylor, SP1 mic, Cl1 interface, Mixcraft 5

Post by The Cracks » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:41 pm

This is the latest song from my vault collection (and the closing song to the new 10 song collection called The Vault.

I wrote the music probably a year or so ago. I went back in today and rerecorded the piano track, wrote the lyrics, and added all the other instruments.

Some of these songs are starting to sound alike. I only have a few incomplete tracks left and probably only one or two keepers, so hopefully I'll be getting a new sound in the not too distant future.

This song is in the Forever Young (Dylan) vain although I am the first to admit it is no where near the quality of that song. I don't have a daughter but if I did this would be the kind of song I'd sing to her when she was going off to college or something - maybe not :noway: .

The track was recorded as such:

Keyboard - Yahmaha PSRE403 - recorded into Mixcraft 5 via the Cl1 inteface
Big Baby Taylor guitar - recorded into Mixcraft 5 via SP1 mic and through the Cl1 interface
Vocal - recorded into Mixcraft 5 via SP1 mic and through Cl1 interface
All other instruments are from Yahmaha PSRE403 - recorded into Mixcraft 5 via the Cl1 inteface
All tracks mixed in Mixcraft 5

Here is:

Daughter of Mine (Bandcamp)

Daughter of Mine (Soundclick)

Thanks for any listens and comments.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: Daughter of Mine/org/PSRE403, Big Baby Taylor, SP1 mic, Cl1 interface, Mixcraft 5

Post by voclizr » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:57 am

I don't think your stuff is starting to sound alike as much as it reflects your own style, which you have.
The words are thoughtful and if you had a daughter I'm sure she'd appreciate this. It sounds like it's coming from a person who deeply cares and wants to pass on some seasoned knowledge.

:^: :D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Daughter of Mine/org/PSRE403, Big Baby Taylor, SP1 mic, Cl1 interface, Mixcraft 5

Post by Lungfruit » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Sean,
You have a very distinctive style - like I think we all do so I when I see a new song from you I look forward to your style. The Rolling Stones always sound like the Rolling Stones (except of course for "Emotional Rescue" :)) Overall nice work! I'm getting some break up on some of the piano. Almost like the gain is too high. I listened to it on two different sets of headphones and I can hear it. Especially in the beginning. The strings sprinkled throughout adds to the poignancy of the piece. Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Beatnick

Post by Beatnick » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:09 am

It's simple and works with your voice. It's a perfect end of the album song. I do like the piano and the way the additional keyboard builds through the song. You still remind me of Nick Cave. I think it was you I said that about before.
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:33 pm

Thank you for listens and comments. I do appreciate it.

John - I'm glad that it came across as if I cared (which I do).

Glenn - Yes, the gain on piano was a bit high. I'm glad the strings worked. I was afraid they were too boxed in sounding (i.e., me playing to much to the beat).

Nick - Yes, while I knew it wasn't my best work, I did feel like it fit perfectly at the end of an album and so I didn't mind it so much. Thanks for the Nick Cave comparison. You did say it before and I do appreciate it again.
1 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:41 pm

You certainly manage to pack a lot of emotion into your songs.

Heartfelt work even if you don't have a daughter.

Nicely done.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Thanks for listen and comments Dick. I appreciate it very much.

It's not my favorite tune that I've done but, as someone said, it works as a good closer to an LP. I was getting tired of working off those old recordings so I'm glad it's done. :metal:
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website