The American Dream, PS04, Original, Rock

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

The American Dream, PS04, Original, Rock

Post by Beatnick » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:15 am

I don't know if I'm going to release collections right now or just singles. This song was written early in the 2000s and recorded around 2005. It's memories of how I was just out of high school. I had no clue what I was going to do with my life, I did go to community college for a while and worked part-time at McDonald's and I did go crazy when I got my first credit card. I thought I was going to be famous so I thought I could pay them off when I made it big...urgh was I wrong. I wasn't as bad as in the song though, I did live with my mother and I wasn't struggling to survive, but I changed it around a little for the song. It was recorded on the PS04, but the backing track was on the Yamaha QY-100. I'm not sure if I used on board guitar effects or my DigiTech GNX-1. I'm pretty sure when I recorded the backing track I left the bass out and recorded my own bass track later. I'm pretty sure I did the mixing with audacity too. I know I started doing the mixing with audacity pretty early on after I got the PS04. That's about it, I hope you enjoy it.

Lyric video for The American Dream
The American Dream on Bandcamp
The American Dream on SoundCloud
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: The American Dream, PS04, Original, Rock

Post by The Cracks » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:44 pm

Cool recording. I love that guitar riff. Great lyrics. Cool break with bells and choir. The electric guitar during break is fantastic sounding.

Good one.
2 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Beatnick » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:27 am

It's funny you mention the guitar riff. This song was fairly early in my guitar playing days. Before I took my guitar playing seriously, I dabbled with guitar, but I mostly just played keyboard and would program my guitar tracks and it kind of sounded cheesy. The area I live in is mostly country and metal so when I would try for bands they'd usually say they like the music, but it's not what they wanted to do, that's why I forced myself to play guitar. Anyway, I've always felt that riff was very basic and simple and often wondered if I should change it. I'm glad you mentioned it and enjoy it. Thanks.
1 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

mcdaggett
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by mcdaggett » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:12 am

Perfect song for late night drives, I guess. Makes me miss my car. The bells are awesome!
2 x

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Nicely done.
0 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB SSD