The Dreamer, PS02, Original, Rock, pop, ballad?

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick

The Dreamer, PS02, Original, Rock, pop, ballad?

Post by Beatnick » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:55 am

The last song from my EP. I wrote this song way back in 1987 when I was 19 on my mother's piano. At the time I thought it was the best thing I'd ever written. It's basically me trying to be John Lennon. Again the recording was done a few years back. I started with the keyboard and added from there. It's just the 5 tracks, keyboard, guitar, voice and the programmed drums and bass. Enjoy.

Listen to The Dreamer on Bandcamp
Listen to The Dreamer on SoundCloud
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: The Dreamer, PS02, Original, Rock, pop, ballad?

Post by Lungfruit » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:50 pm

I'm digging the guitar solo. That fits in nicely to the piece. Overall it seems like you accomplished what you set out to do. I think the vocals are little dry and could use a little reverb. Remember how we all said your other song had too much? :)
1 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:31 pm

I too like the overall song and especially that electric guitar. I also think the vocals need some reverb and probably some EQ. But, as you say, it's a good LP closer.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:03 pm

It's a fitting end to an album.

I got the Lennon reference and you managed it very well.

The vocal was a little indistinct and some EQ to help it cut through would have been good.

Congratulations on putting it all together!

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Beatnick

Post by Beatnick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Actually it's the last song from the EP that I posted here. It's actually in the middle of the EP. We Can Prevail is the last song, sort of. I did put a bonus track on there called Maybe. It's an instrumental I recorded during that time, I wasn't happy with the mix so I threw it on there as a bonus track. I'm not sure if there's a way to share bonus tracks though. I tried to share it someplace else and they said it wouldn't play.

As far as adding EQ or reverb, the best I could do at this point is apply it to the entire song.

Thanks for all the input and thanks for listening.
1 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously