Walking the Boulevard, G3?, Original Song, Instrumental Rock

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick

Walking the Boulevard, G3?, Original Song, Instrumental Rock

Post by Beatnick » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:13 am

I got a chance to make a video for my song Walking the Boulevard to kind of promote putting A Memory Ago on my Bandcamp page. I put a ? by the G3 because I'm not 100% sure I used it, I'm about 99% sure I used that for guitar effects and bass, but I may have still been using the DigiTech RP355. I traded in the 355 for the G3. This was recorded on an older PC using Kristal Audio Engine (unfortunately, it does not work on newer versions of Windows. It was the only PC recording program I actually enjoyed using). I did record the bass first and worked from there. The drums were programmed using Hydrogen Drum Machine on PC. Another great program and to me the best PC drum machine out there. I hope you enjoy it.

Music video for Walking the Boulevard
Walking the Boulevard on Bandcamp
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Walking the Boulevard, G3?, Original Song, Instrumental Rock

Post by The Cracks » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:22 pm

Nice guitar work. Instrumentals tend to get boring after the first minute or so for me but you had some good sounds in your recording.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Tipsy Librarians
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Walking the Boulevard, G3?, Original Song, Instrumental Rock

Post by Tipsy Librarians » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Nice! Lots of cool things in the arrangement to keep it interesting. Enjoyed that one.
0 x
-----------
Sort of on recording hiatus, but a few songs available on bandcamp:
https://tipsylibrarians.bandcamp.com/