Forever and a Day (Happy Mother's Day) org/Big Baby Taylor/PSRE403/SP1/Cl1/MX5/BnB

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Forever and a Day (Happy Mother's Day) org/Big Baby Taylor/PSRE403/SP1/Cl1/MX5/BnB

Post by The Cracks » Sat May 11, 2019 9:17 am

Sunday is Mother's Day (in U.S. only?). This song turned out to be a tribute to Mothers.

The particulars of the song are:

Me

Guitar (Big Baby Taylor acoustic) into SP1 mic to Mixcraft 5 via Cl1 interface
Piano (two tracks) from my PSRE403 into Mixcraft 5 via Cl1 interface
Strings/violin from my PSRE403 into Mixcraft 5 via Cl1 interface
Vocals (two tracks) from SP1 mic into Mixcraft 5 via Cl1 interface

Band-in-a-Box

Drums, bass, steel guitar - I create songboard and then download wav files into PC and transfer them over to Mixcraft 5.

Here are links:

Forever and a Day (bandcamp.com)

Forever and a Day (soundclick.com)
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

dickl
The Force
The Force

Re: Forever and a Day (Happy Mother's Day) org/Big Baby Taylor/PSRE403/SP1/Cl1/MX5/BnB

Post by dickl » Sun May 12, 2019 11:29 am

Mother's Day is in March over here.

Lovely song for your mum.

A curious end line about going away. Makes me think, who is going, where are they going, why are they going?

Interesting work Sean.

Nicely produced as well. BIAB is a really useful tool.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Chris C
dues paid
dues paid

Re: Forever and a Day (Happy Mother's Day) org/Big Baby Taylor/PSRE403/SP1/Cl1/MX5/BnB

Post by Chris C » Sun May 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Nice. Captures the sort of sadness when a child leaves home (not sure that's what you intended, but that's what I thought of). Like the slide guitar bit, could be a bit forward in the mix in my opinion.

nice song.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Fri May 17, 2019 10:41 am

Thank you Dick and Chris, for listens and comments.

Dick, yes, BnB is very useful, especially for one as limited as I am in song structure, timing, etc. I try to find a happy medium when using it. If the BnB instruments become too dominate the song seems like karaoke and, understandably, receives howls from the critics on this website (at least it did when we actually had full participation :( .

Chris, yes, you got the intent of the song right. I wrote the song with the image of the child going out on his (or her) own and thanking the mom for all that she had done. I could have added more scenarios to the lyrics but frankly I like the song as simple as possible these days. They can always be expanded down the road if needs must.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sat May 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Nice Sean. This one really shows your vocal range. Your vocals are always right on. The steel guitar in the beginning is a nice touch. The mix is right on. Good stuff! Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Wed May 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Thank you for listen and comments Glenn. I appreciate it. I hate to say it but my vocals have improved since I quit the cigarettes. (I hate to say anything bad about the little bastards, as I still love them so. :nuts: )
1 x
My albums

My songs

My website