Swan Song in the Night, R8, original, kind of classical pop ballad

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Swan Song in the Night, R8, original, kind of classical pop ballad

Post by Beatnick » Sat May 11, 2019 10:40 am

First, I know I have a lot of catching up to do. I just haven't had a lot of time to listen to everything here, I plan on doing it soon.

I'm not sure how to descibe this song. I have been thinking a lot about my earlier days of writing on my mother's piano. This song is from 1988. It's basically 5 tracks (vocal, keyboard piano, synth strings, bass and acoustic guitar) and almost everything was done on the R8. After I did the final mix on the R8 I used audacity just for some overall noise reduction and trimming. Enjoy.

Music video for Swan Song in the Night

Swan Song in the Night on Soundcloud
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

dickl
The Force
The Force

Re: Swan Song in the Night, R8, original, kind of classical pop ballad

Post by dickl » Sun May 12, 2019 11:34 am

Melancholia day today.

Once again a nicely put together music video.

I like the introduction of the instruments after the initial solo piano. It works well.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Chris C
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Chris C » Sun May 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Cool. I like the arrangement - some really nice textures.
0 x

Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Beatnick » Mon May 13, 2019 6:58 am

Thanks all. I've been digging through some old lyric books of mine and revisiting some older songs and I forgot how good some of them were. I'll probably be recording more if I have time. It's funny how my style really has changed over the years.

As far as the video goes, I like it (though I did get my first thumbs down on it for whatever reason). I do need to try some new video apps. I had to buy a new phone because I cracked my screen on the old one and I guess because I got a newer version of Android now I got a newer version of Filmigo. The newer version puts a watermark on the video unless you get a subscription. If it was a one time payment I might have done it, but I'm not paying $25 a month or whatever it was for a video editor. I was only ably to remove the watermark here by doing a 3 day trial and cancelling the subscription as soon as I transferred tbe video. Its a shame because I really got used to that editor.
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously